I have a few choices for a great deal on my first Martin. First is a 2006 D18 that's in mint condition for $1000, Second is a D28 from the late 90's that's starting to develop the seam split near the bridge but is in other wise great condition and it comes with a LR Baggs M1 Active pickup for $1200, Third is a 1996 D35 that's got a full seam split and has a ton of dents, dings and scratches as well as some fret wear for $1200. All three sound great and the D18 and D35 play a little better than the D28. All come with cases and humidifiers. I really like all three but what do you think is best to go with?
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
i personally would take the D18 just simply because when you're buying secondhand it's always best to go with the mint. there aren't any warrantees once you're buying used. if you're willing to get it repaired it might be a lifelong dream guitar, but the risk is that you might need to make expensive repairs 20 minutes after you get it home.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Now, if the seller is the original owner, they could have it fixed by Martin prior to sale under the lifetime warrenty.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
No point in buyin a busted guitar is the way I see it. If you intend to play this guitar the go with the one without the seam split. If you want a project guitar or something to fix then buy one of the busted ones.
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
I'd say if you could find out how much it would cost to fix up the D35, and if it's reasonable, that's an option. But if you're just looking at buying something to bring it home and strum (or pick) I'd say the one in good shape would be your best bet.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!