what does the resonance and presence do? because a see that things a lot on marsharlls
they extend the range that the bass/treble controls have. the more presence, the more range ur treble will have. they are wonderful knobs.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I really wish the 800 was NMV with a Resonance knob where the Master is. That would be epic.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
they extend the range that the bass/treble controls have. the more presence, the more range ur treble will have. they are wonderful knobs.

Not techinally true, as I understand it, they're simply passive EQ controls for the poweramp section of your amplifier. Setting how much Lows (Resonance/Depth) or Highs (Presence) are let into your poweramp.

Even though your treble/bass knobs have more effect, It's not that your preamp's eq range that is bieng increased, its that more frequencys are allowed in the poweramp, so moving the treble/bass seems to have a greater effect as more of the particular frequency is let through into the power amp.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Last edited by chrism3006 at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by chrism3006
Not techinally true, as I understand it, they're simply passive EQ controls for the poweramp section of your amplifier. Setting how much Lows (Resonance/Depth) or Highs (Presence) are let into your poweramp.

Even though your treble/bass knobs have more effect, It's not that your preamp's eq range that is bieng increased, its that more frequencys are allowed in the poweramp, so moving the treble/bass seems to have a greater effect as more of the particular frequency is let through into the power amp.

i thought it might have been something like that as well, but i wasnt sure. thanks for correcting me...now i know.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by chrism3006

This is the most simple way to explain it for everyone to understand on a basic level. A great explanation dude and true for the way some amps incorporate these features.