Im stuck between a Bugera 6262 and a Peavey 6505+.
I heard the 6262 has a great tone, maybe even as good as the 6505+, I can buy either ov them but is the 6505+ really worth the extra 600 bucks??
I play styles from Opeth, to Behemoth and Gojira. Really heavy stuff, but also gotta work with some cleans too.
Thanks
go for the 6505. it has a much warmer tone than the bugera, also alot of people complain about how the bugera's break down fairly easily.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
If you need cleans then between the two go for the Bugera. Neither amp has a true clean channel but rather a rhythm channel that can be cleaned up more or less.

If cleans aren't that big of a deal the I would go for the Peavey.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i have the 6505 it has a really clear tone you can hear every note perfectly no matter how loud it goes really worth the monney. i have never tried the 6505+ apparently it is quite abit better but i dont no how much by.
you know it would be worth an extra-extra 600 bucks to get the 5150III. sry I know thats not the question here
Quote by justinb904
If you need cleans then between the two go for the Bugera. Neither amp has a true clean channel but rather a rhythm channel that can be cleaned up more or less.

If cleans aren't that big of a deal the I would go for the Peavey.

Cleans aren't a HUGE deal but it'd be nice if the cleans were decent.
Sometimes I have clean passages in my songs, or a clean intro etc.
Would an EQ pedal make the cleans more pristine on the 6505+ if I get one sometime in the future? Thanks.
I'v compared the two in a A/B situation and liked the bugera better. I HAD the 6505 2x12 and my friend has the 6262 and the 6262 does acctaully have nice cleans, that being said a good bugera could last you maybe a good 5 years or so and the peavey probably a lifetime.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Have you ever played either amp? Just curious...

I much prefer the 6262's over the 6505's personally. Not a big 6505 fan. A lot of people like them though. If cleans aren't important, and you don't mind spending twice as much money then go for the 6505.

And there is a 6505+ for $600 new, but it's only a 112. Look at some used Peavey XXX's as well. IMO, XXX > 5150/6505.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
For the 6505+, As long as you don't plan on using the crunch mode with the pre knob dialed past 6, you can EQ the rythym channel for clean tones and sound just fine.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
For the 6505+, As long as you don't plan on using the crunch mode with the pre knob dialed past 6, you can EQ the rythym channel for clean tones and sound just fine.

Can you give a review ov how well the lead channel is for heavy as balls metal, like Gojira, Meshuggah, Hate Eternal, Chimaira etc etc..
Last edited by jonny6505+ at Jan 3, 2010,
Gojira and Chimaira use 6505s...
With that said, you should find a 5150/6505 around your area for the same price as a Bugera. Why settle for the copy when the original costs just as much in used condition?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
To add onto that, "used" is a relative term. My 6505+ was 4 years old when I bought it, and had been thru 2 owners. The only thing wrong with it, even cosmetically, was the top vent was starting to crack a little bit. Suffice it to say, a good majority of used amps are in excellent condition, with the exception of power tubes.

I think the 6505+ would do good for Meshuggah tones given the right cab and guitar. The 6505+ is good in the respect that it's not too refined or compressed (such as the JSX) and has a great raw tone like you hear on many Meshuggah tracks.
No reason to spend more for nothing really, get the Bugera. The QA issues have been taken care of more or less so you won't need to worry about reliability. You can use the money you save by getting the Bugera on getting some nice tubes or mods.
Last edited by )(yperX at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by )(yperX
No reason to spend more for nothing really, get the Bugera. The QA issues have been taken care of more or less so you won't need to worry about reliability. You can use you save by getting the Bugera on getting some nice tubes or mods.

I agree, my 6262 rawks. Why waste 600 on a dam peavey name. Used tube amps are Hit or miss and believe me you can miss your way into the amp repair shop.

I think if you go a/b the peaveys with the compareable bugeras as I have you will have better idea if you wanna drop 600 more on something completely compareable.

For the price of one peavey I got 2 bugeras. Oh how sweet it is.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by JayT44
Look at some used Peavey XXX's as well. IMO, XXX > 5150/6505.

This. I got a chance to try out the 6505, and eventually just bought a XXX based on what I REMEMBERED hearing a few years ago, and was delightfully surprised.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
+1 on the XXX>6505 imo.

As much as I ould say peavey, I don't think its worth it to pay 600 bucks for made in america. If you want cleans get the bugera xxxl.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Wow there are some tightwads here. Paying extra for the Peavey name? Peavey has some of the LEAST name-oriented pricing in the business. Come on now.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Wow there are some tightwads here. Paying extra for the Peavey name? Peavey has some of the LEAST name-oriented pricing in the business. Come on now.

+1; what a joke.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I don't ever see much love for the 3120 so I think I'll toss that one out there because I really liked the one I tried at the store. If I'd have had the cash I would have walked out with it no question.
bugera tonez lack depth and bass which is why i sold mine to get a framus cobra. go with the peavey you wont look back.
Quote by donni69
bugera tonez lack depth and bass which is why i sold mine to get a framus cobra. go with the peavey you wont look back.

Um what?

/facepalm