Page 1 of 2
Scarified and Let the Computer Decide

This kid is gonna' be mega viral, beyond any level of swines, birds, rats and Jonas Brothers.

What baffles me, though, is one of the comments:

"Let the computer decide ...NOT on a 7 string and without having the bottom 3 tuned to E?

f*cking hell.

Even Paul doesn't attempt this without sitting down first"

If that is true, and this young lad can actually write as well as copy, then by-joe I've done it! I've created a superboy to finally take on the evil Paul Gilbert and defeat him once and for all!

On topic, the British don't see to be bringing out as many quality guitarists as they used to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but think of Page, Clapton, Fripp, Gilmour, Green, Harrison, Richards, Moore (yes, I know he's Irish), Frampton, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith, Blackmore, May, Townshend, Knopfler, Jeff Beck, they're all British and awesome. But as of recently, all we've got is Matt Bellamy, Jonny Greenwood, Guthrie Govan and James Blunt...

The times they are a-changin', has Britain lost it's ability to be awesome?
Dude, obviously you haven't watched this
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
brits have Davy Knowles... don't forget him
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
ITT: Old videos.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Neato!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Oh god, my self-esteem just dropped

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Age has almost nothing to with playing. If that kid has been playing for years, then he is probably going to be decent.
Quote by Well.......
Age has almost nothing to with playing. If that kid has been playing for years, then he is probably going to be decent.

He's been playing Gilbert since he was 8... I have an older video of him doing Frenzy hanging around on one of my computers somewhere.

Edit: This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3EjsCmIu0&NR=1

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Jan 3, 2010,
meh im better looking then those bastads

god i hate kids better then me at guitar

Quote by frigginjerk
anybody else think that was a video edit at 2:41?

Holy shit, you're right
Quote by Wulphy
Quote by The_Casinator
Yeah, the old days were better. Those were the days, when they police still rode on a pig.
Thanks for being the only to person to understand the thread.
Quote by AngryGoldfish

This kid is gonna' be mega viral, beyond any level of swines, birds, rats and Jonas Brothers.

"Let the computer decide ...NOT on a 7 string and without having the bottom 3 tuned to E?

f*cking hell.

If that is true, and this young lad can actually write as well as copy, then by-joe I've done it! I've created a superboy to finally take on the evil Paul Gilbert and defeat him once and for all!

On topic, the British don't see to be bringing out as many quality guitarists as they used to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but think of Page, Clapton, Fripp, Gilmour, Green, Harrison, Richards, Moore (yes, I know he's Irish), Frampton, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith, Blackmore, May, Townshend, Knopfler, Jeff Beck, they're all British and awesome. But as of recently, all we've got is Matt Bellamy, Jonny Greenwood, Guthrie Govan and James Blunt...

No, not at all.
You've just never heard of them.

Also, don't forget Rob Chappers.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO

It's the reincarnation of Shawn Lane.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by AngryGoldfish

f*cking hell.

Makes up for it.
Quote by Simsimius
No, not at all.
You've just never heard of them.

Also, don't forget Rob Chappers.
Monkey Lord indeed, I forget about him! I really fancy going to his festival next August.

If I haven't heard of them, how can we know that they're any good? I'm just asking, I'm not being deliberately ignorant.
And compared to back when getting your name out there was very hard, how can they not be known with the networking that we have now?
Quote by metal4all

It's the reincarnation of Shawn Lane.

If only.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Monkey Lord indeed, I forget about him! I really fancy going to his festival next August.

If I haven't heard of them, how can we know that they're any good? I'm just asking, I'm not being deliberately ignorant.
And compared to back when getting your name out there was very hard, how can they not be known with the networking that we have now?

Oversaturation.

There's so much out there that finding the truly good players is just as much of a challenge now as it ever was, just in a different way. Now you have to sit and sift through all the crap rather than just looking for anyone at all.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Killer sweater vest. He's amazing at guitar as well.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by dmiwshicldply
Davy Knowles is THE man, my favorite modern guitarist

Same, I saw him live, it was crazy. Definitely best of this era.
Quote by Wulphy
At this point in my life...anyone is better than me on the guitar
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Oversaturation.

There's so much out there that finding the truly good players is just as much of a challenge now as it ever was, just in a different way. Now you have to sit and sift through all the crap rather than just looking for anyone at all.
But before, there was no expression apart from a few gigs and a little word of mouth. Although it's difficult to ciphon through all the nonsense, I imagine it's certainly easier than it was back then. That's what promoters and managers are saying. I can certainly see how a saturated media limits what you see, but at least there is something.
Quote by Td_Nights
If only.
Give him a few years. He'll make a video in which he's showing "6.... and 9..."
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Oversaturation.

This.
Pretty much.

There's swarms of musicians out there.
I mean, before the net, a good musician was talked about, and those at the top of the industry heard.
And when someone was talked about back then, you knew they were good.

Not like now, where everyone is talked about, and the guys at the top just look for generic music that fits in with current trends [although, not unlike then I suppose. Maybe even more so.].

Plus, there's many great modern UK guitarists who you definitely have not heard of, even though everyone else has. Some pretty young.
In fact, I can think of someone right now, but their name eludes me >_< . If I remember it, I'll post it.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by AngryGoldfish
But before, there was no expression apart from a few gigs and a little word of mouth. Although it's difficult to ciphon through all the nonsense, I imagine it's certainly easier than it was back then. That's what promoters and managers are saying. I can certainly see how a saturated media limits what you see, but at least there is something.

It certainly doesn't help that at the minute, and possibly just from now on, finding your own musical identity is very difficult, the old guard you mentioned in your first post are so incredibly diverse in the styles they play and the newer guys you've pulled out (with the exception of Blunt) are also all quite unique so I think that just says something about how difficult it is to make your voice not only your own but different enough to really make yourself noticable.

There are a million and one guitarists out there but the ones that really stick in your mind (Govan, Bellamy and such) are the ones who can easily be picked out with their playing and making yourself sound different like that is just... really really hard now because most things have been done.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Simsimius
This.
Pretty much.

There's swarms of musicians out there.
I mean, before the net, a good musician was talked about, and those at the top of the industry heard.
And when someone was talked about back then, you knew they were good.

Not like now, where everyone is talked about, and the guys at the top just look for generic music that fits in with current trends [although, not unlike then I suppose. Maybe even more so.].

Plus, there's many great modern UK guitarists who you definitely have not heard of, even though everyone else has. Some pretty young.
In fact, I can think of someone right now, but their name eludes me >_< . If I remember it, I'll post it.
That's definitely fair enough. The media has certainly over-exaggerated the music scene.

I mean, when I spoke to PR the other day about my old band (when we were still together) he told me to keep adding friends on Myspace everyday and wait.... I was like, 'wtf would I do that for? I don't want some random strangers I have no interest in to listen to my music and bitch about it. I want to play shows and have them tell their friends, "this band is pretty kick-ass, check em out on Myspace/band page/whatever. "' The old way of doing things.
Quote by Eternal_w
Dude, obviously you haven't watched this

same kid dude
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by hugh20
Oh god, my self-esteem just dropped

this.

I think I need to get myself into Paul Gilbert and music like that to want to be able to play them, and then to learn them.. I need a proper goal.

I might try and see if I can learn these two songs by this time next year, and also some dream theater shizz
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by metal4all
Give him a few years. He'll make a video in which he's showing "6.... and 9..."

Man I love that diminished stuff, Buckethead was a huge Lane fan (worked with him later on too...) but I can't get the damn 9-12-15 reach down. What's wrong with me
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Page 1 of 2