Must be a mono jack. You'll need a stereo jack if you want sound out of both, or you could tell the pc to output mono through both speakers.
Quote by mishax92
Must be a mono jack. You'll need a stereo jack if you want sound out of both, or you could tell the pc to output mono through both speakers.

You've got it backwards. Guitars put out a mono signal, so a mono jack would provide sound to both speakers with no problem. It's a stereo jack for sure, but that's only part of the problem.

You need to go into your DAW's audio settings and make sure it's recording in mono, not stereo. Read your DAW's manual to figure out how to route the audio properly.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Still having the same problem. I'm trying to record from my Roland 880 to my computer but I'm still only getting sound from one speaker. I've looked through all the settings and tried everyything I can think of. What else is there to try?
Hook up some headphones to the soundcard & see if you're getting the same problem - it could theoretically be the speaker itself. Also, it sounds stupid but I've fallen for it a few times - make sure the speakers are plugged in all of the way.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?