Poll: Which bass?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which bass?
SR706
8 36%
Legend 6 Classic
14 64%
Voters: 22.
You do realize you posted the same thread three times, right?
*Reported*
Edit: I see the other two are gone...
Last edited by edgeyyz at Jan 3, 2010,
I like the Ibanez my self. I think that the spector is better put together but the Ibanez i a better value and has better downtuning in my experience.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I liked the 5 string versions about the same amount when I played them. However I didn't play any funk on them so I don't know how well they do with that. Anyway I guess if I had to pick it would be the Ibanez, just because the small Spector bodies feel weird to me.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Definately the SR706. Much more comfortable. Just looks better too.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Because i bought an ibanez on Friday, but have played neither of these i will go with the ibanez on build and quality in parts.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Play both if you can, they're pretty different birds. Personall I'd say the Spector because I own one. (Different model thoughl; Euro 5) I play a SR505 as well but after the Spector it really feels like a cheap toy. What's your budget? You might be able to afford a used Euro or a different bass entirely.

GET OUT THERE AND PLAY SOME BASSES!

Quote by thegiaco2112
I'll go with the Ibanez cuz it has a 3 band eq

The Legend also has a 3 band EQ...
That a five string Spector...
But I dig their tone, and spectors feel nice, too. Its would be a REALLY close call for me. Id have to play them both for a good amount of time before I decided.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
My only input is that the string spacing on the Ibanez is much tighter, and the neck is smaller overall. My Spector's neck is large. I would expect for funk that the Spector would be better just because of the ease of slapping when compared to the 706. Also never been a fan of the low action on the Ibanez that I've played, but that's preference, of course. I got my Spector for way cheap, so I didn't even consider other basses, but I love mine.