As im upgrading my 60 watt roland dube to a 100watt peavey valveking 212 or something close i must know the Decibel difference. Cause my amp is way too low when playing with my drummer mate And no, there is nothing wrong with the amp. I had some tech guys take a look and they said everything was ok (I play Metal/Hard Rock)

no grammar flame please )
Last edited by Milumetal at Jan 3, 2010,
a tube amp is roughly 3 times as loud as a solid state amp. believe me, you do NOT need 100 watts to play with a drummer. my drummer cannot hear himself over my Vox Ac30, and thats only 30 watts. look at something WAY lower than 100 watts, thats just massive for your needs and you will suffer unsatisfactory tone.
Which peavey?

And it'll make about 5% difference. The quality of the speaker will make the most difference here. Watts correlate to Decibels on a logaritmic type scale so i believe you'll notice little difference.

If we're swapping to an all tube amp the harmonic under and over tones produced by the tubes would cause the volume to be percieved as twice the volume to the human ear, yet have the same decibel rating.

So i'm not convinced if you're staying with solid state, it's worth it.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
Which peavey?

And it'll make about 5% difference. The quality of the speaker will make the most difference here. Watts correlate to Decibels on a logaritmic type scale so i believe you'll notice little difference.

If we're swapping to an all tube amp the harmonic under and over tones produced by the tubes would cause the volume to be percieved as twice the volume to the human ear, yet have the same decibel rating.

So i'm not convinced if you're staying with solid state, it's worth it.

The Peavey is a Valveking 212 (editted at first post)
Is the peavey you are looking at solid state or valve?

Chrisiedit

Saw your edit

Certainly would be good and will certainly be able to keep up and also overpower a drummer.

What genres of music do you play?

Lt Shinysides; A lot of amps nowadays do have a master volume...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
a tube amp is roughly 3 times as loud as a solid state amp. believe me, you do NOT need 100 watts to play with a drummer. my drummer cannot hear himself over my Vox Ac30, and thats only 30 watts. look at something WAY lower than 100 watts, thats just massive for your needs and you will suffer unsatisfactory tone.

Or, you can turn it down. Assuming TS plays metal or something like it, he doesn't need to crank it. A Valveking sounds fine at low volumes, and you can always get an attenuator/power break.

EDIT: I just realized I'm picking a fight with a respected UG'er. Forgive me, master.

EDIT DOS:
Quote by Chrisiphone
Certainly 100w will be benificial as a metal amp at drummer/rehearsal/gigging levels, although just to throw the suggestion out there, the Bugera 6262 combo might be a good alternative.

Also "respected" UG'rs have their own opinions which people either agree or disagree, so doesn't mean they are right.

+1, also look at used 5150s/6505s

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by Chrisiphone
Is the peavey you are looking at solid state or valve?

Chrisiedit

Saw your edit

Certainly would be good and will certainly be able to keep up and also overpower a drummer.

What genres of music do you play?

Lt Shinysides; A lot of amps nowadays do have a master volume...

I play metal and hard rock i have tune that can remind you of Dimebag
The valveking will certainley do the job, just don't expect the best tone in the world....
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Certainly 100w will be benificial as a metal amp at drummer/rehearsal/gigging levels, although just to throw the suggestion out there, the Bugera 6262 combo might be a good alternative.

Also "respected" UG'rs have their own opinions which people either agree or disagree, so doesn't mean they are right.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Jan 3, 2010,