Anyone have this pedal and can give some feedback? I would go try myself but I'm around $30 in gas from the nearest guitar store, so I usually use youtube and UG.. But I'm pretty set on this pedal, I've liked what I've heard on youtube. How does it compare to like the Ibanez TS9, Fulltone OCD?

I'm open to other suggestions.
Thanks and Godbless bro's.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I love mine, adds so much to the tone and compression. Great for leads and solos I really can't recommend it enough.
However I should say I don't have much experience with od pedals, but I do loves my maxon.
Hmm alright.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

the OD808 and the Tubescreamer were once one and the same. They might still be, but I know they both descend from the same ancestry. I can't imagine that there'd be much difference between the two
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']the OD808 and the Tubescreamer were once one and the same. They might still be, but I know they both descend from the same ancestry. I can't imagine that there'd be much difference between the two

Ibanez commissioned maxon to make the original od808s.
Quote by stephen_rettie
Ibanez commissioned maxon to make the original od808s.

I thought so, I just didn't want to make an ass outta myself
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Maxon make the best OD's IMO, Tubescreamers aren't really worth the bother unless they're modified by Robert Keeley. Or so I've heard, apparently they take all your bass away.

Maxon ODs ARE Tubescreamers and, as such, have the same bass loss issues.

The OD-9 is a good pedal but I wouldn't recommend the new OD-808s. They sound great but the internal construction is pretty cheap. You'd be further ahead to get an OD-9 or TS-9 and get Keeley or Analogman to mod it to 808 specs.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The difference is this chip JRC4558. This is the very best TS or 808 Pedal i've owned!!..MI Audio Blues Pro 9 to25v and...Lot's of Bottom End.
ive had my maxon od808 for quite some time. i love this thing. i only use it for solos but it has a great tone. as for it being cheaply made, i havent had any problems with it and i gig 3 to 4 times a month. its like anything else, if you dont respect your gear and beat the crap out of it, its going to break.
Quote by xkmattx
ive had my maxon od808 for quite some time. i love this thing. i only use it for solos but it has a great tone. as for it being cheaply made, i havent had any problems with it and i gig 3 to 4 times a month. its like anything else, if you dont respect your gear and beat the crap out of it, its going to break.

If it's newer it has board-mounted pots.

That's crap in my books, regardless of how well it holds up to abuse.

Edit:

Quote by AnalogMan
Maxon OD-808 mods
We have worked on the Maxon OD-808 and now offer our 808/SILVER mod for it. The Maxon OD-808 is actually a TS-10 circuit (uses TS9/TS10 output section) so it takes some serious work. The circuit boards are not holding up well to electronic rework, so we have to be very careful so as not to damage them. We also include TRUE BYPASS on these mods because Maxon uses a normal size stomp switch which we can easily change to a 3PDT switch for true bypass.

We do not sell these pedals new or recommend that you buy one, due to the poor construction. The pots are cheap ones soldered to the circuit board and they tend to break and cannot be replaced easily. Now that the Maxon OD9 is out, there is no need for the OD-808 as the OD9 already has true bypass and has the actual ts808 / TS9 circuit board, and hand wired pots and jacks so they can be kept running forever.

Taken directly from Analogman's website, if you need additional proof from somebody with more credentials.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jan 3, 2010,
Oh man.. You guys are killin me with the technical stuff.. So.. skip it?

Last edited by tr3nt at Jan 3, 2010,
Xotic BB Preamp, best OD around IMO.

A HardWire CM-2 is a great $100> pedal as well.
Dude if you want one just go for the OD-9 instead- they use the same chip and are meant to be pretty similar with better construction and true bypass.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100