Hey guys, i've been playing alot of stuff in drop D lately, and im getting sick of tuning down and back to standard. Call me lazy, but on a tremelo system it throws all the strings out, and they dont stay in the same place.
So im thinking about getting another guitar to be permenantly in drop D, a metal styled guitar, although i'll mainly be playing muse

Preferably fixed bridge, and beautiful, budget : £500

Thanks for all suggestions
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
besides muse what else do you listen to? what kind of voicings are you trying for?
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
How about a Schecter Omen-6 Extreme TSB? It's a great guitar for the money, and you could always just replace the pick-ups if you find it necessary.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Are you really willing to spend up to that much just because tuning annoys you?

You, my friend, are much more financially secure than myself.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Any guitar with a fixed bridge and a pair of humbuckers for a nice and fat sound should do it :P
Maybe an Epiphone Les Paul or a Strat/Tele with humbuckers?
Whats the big deal of tuning between Drop D and Standard? Its easy as hell, I do it all the time
But then again, I have enough guitars that sometimes I just designate certain ones to certai tunings
I can understand your criticism guys.. but is one guitar ever.. ever enough?
And a metal guitar would also be good for the megadeth and metallica i play (i realise they tune standard)
My Gear

How about a Schecter Omen-6 Extreme TSB? It's a great guitar for the money, and you could always just replace the pick-ups if you find it necessary.

+1; any Schecter for that matter
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
Quote by SilverchairFan
Whats the big deal of tuning between Drop D and Standard? Its easy as hell, I do it all the time
But then again, I have enough guitars that sometimes I just designate certain ones to certai tunings

He has a tremolo bridge, it's a pain in the ass to always change tunings with those.
Why don't you block your trem, then its easy to tune. Or get one of those fancy D-tuna things, they sound pretty sick
what about one of those D tuner things, I've never used one but it seems like it would be a good idea.

EDIT: It seems like I was a few seconds too late.
I'm FAT!
Last edited by tatatotfolife at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by HomeRecording
les paul, schecter, or tele

Teles are for pansies, not metal.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by humperdunk

Does metal Very well infact

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by tatatotfolife
what about one of those D tuner things, I've never used one but it seems like it would be a good idea.

EDIT: It seems like I was a few seconds too late.

Unlucky, still i dont think i could put one of those on a fender trem
My Gear

i wouldnt do it for drop D... but i am getting another guitar so that i can have one guitar for standard/D... i have a ibanez RG 5 EX 1. it tunes down to D really well, but the trem will not let me go any lower. it does D well though... so im buying another guitar to go (at the lowest) Drop C
Last edited by Tsunami3000 at Jan 3, 2010,
Leave it in Drop D and when you play chords, don't use the low D string.

If you're desperate, LTD Viper 100?

Quote by humperdunk

Is Devin Townshend a pansy?
Quote by xander307
Unlucky, still i dont think i could put one of those on a fender trem

Wait. Are you saying that you're getting a new guitar because its hard to change tunings on a fender trem? If that's case then it seems like you jest need to tighten the springs in the back, because my squires trem doesn't go out of tune when I tune down to drop d.
I'm FAT!
Quote by bokma
Ibanez RG

I'm going to classify you as a moron until you correct yourself by saying the RGA or the RG fixed....because if you meant the regular RGs after the TS said he wanted a fixed bridge...lol...

Quote by humperdunk

John 5.

----------------

how about the ESP LTD EC-1000 or MH-1000?
any esp ltd would be great as long as it is fixed bridge. I would also recomend an epiphone les paul because they are great for all styles of music really stable with all tunings
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
Epiphone Les Paul w dimarzio evo.
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
Quote by humperdunk

Not that I particularly like Teles, or Slipknot for that matter, but:
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Another vote for a fixed bridge RG, or perhaps a Jackson. Ibanez seem better in the mid end though.
Quote by imbaguitar
Why don't you block your trem, then its easy to tune. Or get one of those fancy D-tuna things, they sound pretty sick

I am assume this is for the strat so I'm just going to lol at your post for the idea of the D-Tuna on the strat bridge.

TS looking at some pics the deluxe player strats bridge are 6 screws so have you thought of like tightening your bridge down so it's flat against the body and isn't floating.
Quote by pwrmax

How did that discredit his statement?

Try some Bruce!

Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
How did that discredit his statement?

Try some Bruce!

cause Jim Root is feckin badass thats how

Nath
As much of a waste of money as I think this is just because you are too lazy to tune, I would suggest a Schecter C1 plus or any of their custom models. I am a proud owner of a Devil Custom with EMG 81/85 pickups. I love the guitar to death and it has never gone more than a halfstep flat on me.
Quote by 2841981
cause Jim Root is feckin badass thats how

Nath

Jim Root is a halfway decent guitarist, in a not-even-halfway decent "metal" band. Also, he's a puss that wears a mask.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
Jim Root is a halfway decent guitarist, in a not-even-halfway decent "metal" band. Also, he's a puss that wears a mask.

okay seeing as your posting your opinion as fact I'd like to point out the following

1. Jim Root is a halfway decent guitarist thats your opinion, i personaly think hes a good and highly underated guitarist..

2. in a not-even-halfway decent "metal" band. I'll assume your talking about Slipknot, thats your opinion which is fine but please dont state it as a fact.

3.he's a puss that wears a mask thats the bands image...all bands have an image. Oh and you do realise he plays in stonesour right? and doesnt wear a mask?

Anyway just cause you dont like him doesnt mean you need to shit talk him dude, i dont like Bruce springsteen but i didnt make a post saying hes a bad guitarist in a bad band and that hes a pussy cause hes writes shitty music.

please feel free to discredit this post in someway

but hey im saying this on a board full of slipknot haters.

stay sic people

Nath
Quote by humperdunk

Couldn't be more wrong. lol.

Here are just a few guitars (They may not suit you but I like them, hence why I'm posting them )

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=09120716011929

(7 string?)
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=10010815565429
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.