How do you feel about bands destroying their equipment after performances

Page 1 of 2
The only one's who pulled it off right were the who, and hendrix's guitar fire. I personally couldn't ever bring myself to destroy an instrument of any kind however.
only when Im drunk. otherwise I cant afford to break any of my shit cuz im broke
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
Epiphone Les Paul w dimarzio evo.
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
I cry inside. Really.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I couldn't bring myself to do it, and its kinda cliche IMO.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
If it's their equipment, fine. It annoys me, but they can do what they want with it

I'd never do it myself though.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I'd much rather them throw it to me in the crowd
Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator
Need a new amp. Any ideas? PM me

Quote by Kensai
Either you got the wrong thread or the gays in your state are very well hung.

My guitarist has smashed his guitars at shows a couple of times, the audiences we've done it in front of enjoyed it.
It would be cool if instead of wasting it they gave it to a fan
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
It's not cool. Kind of a waste, unless the equipment is really jank.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
I don't really care.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by eliotness
its cool
but if your broke, don't then your screwed

Your grammar makes me want to smash a guitar.
I feel it's a waste of a child's hard labor in India that worked their fingers to the bone for a 2 cent a week salary who misses a fingertip every time they get off from work. But you know...it's your gear apparently.

^complete bullshit
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I usually thought "Waw. I wish I had that much money."
Then realise if I did, I'd be 2 tight to spend it.
Check out my Tumblr
Quote by Victory2134
The world seemed like a better place when I didn't know what racism, genocide, and the internet was.
It's ok if they do it properly, like fully trash the crap out of everything. A drummer putting holes in a few skins, or a bassist snapping the neck is a bit meh.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
guitarists have a special bond with their axes so i dont see how they can do it unless its a fresh one or its already beat to hell. Would never smash my guitars, would wait for someone with enough balls to ask for it backstage and then i would give it to them.
I think it can be pretty cool to end shows, if you have the money to afford breaking shit.

Like Nirvana, I always loved how they did that.
depends on how you feel at the time and how the mood is. If its really energetic/angry, it could be the cherry on the top of a great show.
It is kind of a waste. I wouldn't do it. I do laugh when Avril Lavigne fails to do it.

EDIT: I wouldn't say no to the opportunity to throw a TV through a window...but I'd probably feel inclined to clean up the mess afterwards.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 3, 2010,
Overdone IMO. It's become such a cliche that it has no meaning to me. I wouldn't of course because I don't have the money to get a new axe, but really The Who and Hendrix are the only ones I consider to have done it properly.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
A lot of people are saying it's cliche, but I can only think of 4 people who I've seen do it:
-Pete Townsend (first one to do it?)
-Jimi Hendrix (set his guitar on fire)
-Kurt Cobain
-Avril Lavigne (trying to be Kurt Cobain)

Does anyone else do it regularly, or is 4 people enough?
Quote by sashki
A lot of people are saying it's cliche, but I can only think of 4 people who I've seen do it:
-Kurt Cobain

I specifically meant that it's become so associated with rock that it seems almost any movie with a band in it will end with them smashing instruments. This might just be my perception of it though.
But yeah, very few actual people do it because they don't have the money for it.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Quote by Alex Vik
I hate it, it's such a waste. Plus, destroying a musical tool is such a disgusting display as well.

not necessarily, Cobain repaired and reused a lot of the guitars he smashed, I lot of time's he would just break the neck, and since he was mainly a Fender guy it wasn't that hard to fix.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I always think "Goddamn, I wish I was rich enough to be able to do that"
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by sashki
-Kurt Cobain

The Dillinger Escape Plan destroys the f*ck out of their gear on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfn3o0c9UXs

He lit the drums on fire. ON FIRE!
As a big Who fan, I think that great bands can get away with it but few do it right. When Paul Stanley does it it seems staged and deliberate. When Pete Townshend did it, it generally seemed improvised and was an extension of the chaos and energy that was channeled through the music. Not enough bands put enough feeling into the music anymore so when they smash their instruments, it just doesn't feel right.
"Let others bring order to chaos, I shall bring chaos to order."- Vonnegut.

Check out my webcomic!
Why the **** anyone does it I wouldn't even know. If you're going to waste equipment like that, why don't you give it to someone else?
It's a bit stupid and I lose respect for people to do it, and would never do it myself because I love all my gear far too much, but if you can afford to do it then go ahead. It won't gain you my respect though
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
It seems stupid. If you're rich enough to have new equipment every show, than why not do something more productive with it like donate equipment to music schools in underprivileged areas or something. What point is their to destroy it?
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
if it was just like a new one that i had not become emotionally attached to/physically used to and the moment was truly right then yea, of course.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
If you have the money to do it then why not?... However, if you do not, stop trying to be cool and think!
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Well if they paid for it then they can do what they want. You won't get much of a crowd response if you package everything and donate it instead of smashing it.
Page 1 of 2