Does anyone own or have played on a Peavey Valveking 112? It seems to be from what im hearing decent for the price 419$ and pretty versatile. But i could be wrong cause i never played on one just read reviews and watched videos so let me know what you think.
I have a 212 all stock and it handles pretty well. I mostly play stuff like Heavy Heavy Low Low, The Number Twelve Looks Like You and the like though.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I bought mine second hand with a Celestion Vintage 30 in it for $300 bucks.

Totally worth it.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
If you look at my sig you can see i am a little biased but i love the head version over the combo, then again i had an extra cab sitting around.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
good to know. i would like to spend alot more on a amp but id rather buy a guitar and amp for now
You probably don't need a 50 watt amp.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by Akridosity
You probably don't need a 50 watt amp.

That's loser talk
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Even though I do own the VK, I don't find myself cranking it, even in a medium sized gig of about 150 people. 30 watts is probably loud enough for anything.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by Joeballz
Does anyone own or have played on a Peavey Valveking 112? It seems to be from what im hearing decent for the price 419$ and pretty versatile. But i could be wrong cause i never played on one just read reviews and watched videos so let me know what you think.

I just bought the ValveKing 212 for 419.99 used at a Music Shop...
I used to own a VK112. It was awful.

Spend more and get something you'll still want to play after a few months.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
My advice: Buy it used, upgrade the speaker (at a bare minimum), then think about replcaing the tubes, changing the OT, buying an OD and EQ (not really necessary, depends on the tone tweakability you want) ans you will have a very good amp!!!

Valveking Thread < Or come in here to see if the VK is the right amp for you..

Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Quote by ch0
I used to own a VK112. It was awful.

Spend more and get something you'll still want to play after a few months.

+1

They aren't my favorite amps...but if you buy used and plan to mod it then they can be decent. I swapped speakers and tubes and used an EQ and OD with it and it could do some pretty good metal. But by the time you put all that money into it you could have bought something else. To each his own...there are better and worse amps out there
Depends on what you use it for. I you want a metal amp, there are better options. See the numerous comments from metalheads on here who bought one and were upset when it couldn't do death metal out of the box. Blues to hard rock/classic metal, its decent. Its a damn nice amp after some mods. Buy one used. They regularly go for around $250 and are all over CL and ebay. Chances are someone will have already done the much needed tube and speaker swap on a used VK.
^ This. They're not death metal amps without some serious mods (like adding another gain stage, for instance).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??