Hello. Does anyone ever strum 12 frets above the the chord you're playing? It makes a weird bassy sound. If there are any special tricks or cool chords that go along with this that would be appreciated.

Example:

if you are fingering a fmaj7 chord, you would strum diagonally towards the nut from the 15th fret on the D string to the 12th fret on the E string.

Sorry if that didn't make any sense.

P.S. I am not sure if there is a technical term for this, Harmonic strumming just seemed the most logical.
Quote by Echohead
You seem like quite the gentleman, I must say.

Quote by MetalGuitarest
not relaly jazz fusion.. let alone do i even know what jazz fusion is.. but learn sharp dressed man by zz top
I think you're talking about just playing a chord one octave higher than you usually might? Or are you talking about playing an open chord played with the open strings, but fretting the fretted notes one octave higher (like playing a G at the 15th fret, but still strumming the open strings)? I'm not sure I get the question....
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Ohhhhhhh, Youre saying actually strum withthe pick above the chord notes, right??? Yeah I do that a lot I like the sound of it, especially on an acoustic. I don't know the term for it but I do that a lot
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
I think you're talking about just playing a chord one octave higher than you usually might? Or are you talking about playing an open chord played with the open strings, but fretting the fretted notes one octave higher (like playing a G at the 15th fret, but still strumming the open strings)? I'm not sure I get the question....

Not really what I was talking about... sorta hard to explain.

You know how if you strum closer to the bridge it will have a lot more treble than if you strum over the sound hole(for acoustic) because there is more vibrations. Its like the opposite of that.
Quote by Echohead
You seem like quite the gentleman, I must say.

Quote by MetalGuitarest
not relaly jazz fusion.. let alone do i even know what jazz fusion is.. but learn sharp dressed man by zz top
it's basically the same thing as getting natural harmonics to ring out at artificial locations. it's kinda similar to tapping harmonics, but you're not quite tapping them. yes, i do know the sound. if done right, it can sound harp-like. try it using a suspended chord...sounds fantastic
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.