I am buying my boyfriend an acoustic electric guitar and I don't know which is the best choice in my price range. I was looking at Yamaha, Epiphone, Ibanez, and Alvarez so far. My max is $400. Can someone help me? I just got my first guitar and am so psyched to learn. My boyfriend is a musician already, but has 2 acoustics, one is broken and one is so old. He has electrics, bass, acoustic, but no acoustic electric. I think it'd be a nice addition. Thanks for the advice. :-)
I know you want to surprise him, but a guitar is a VERY personal choice. Take him to a guitar store and tell him to pick one within your budget. You could also offer to get his broken one repaired (barring that is not a basket case).

He is very lucky to have you.

BTW: because a guitar is old, doesn't make it bad.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Auriemma
I know you want to surprise him, but a guitar is a VERY personal choice. Take him to a guitar store and tell him to pick one within your budget. You could also offer to get his broken one repaired (barring that is not a basket case).

He is very lucky to have you.

BTW: because a guitar is old, doesn't make it bad.

I agree, with above. I say you tell him you want to buy him a guitar and bring him to a store and let him pick one out and play them all. If he is already a player he will definatley appreciate that.