I downloaded a song and the quality is absolute shit (meaning it crackles in my earbuds, and it is just overall a dreadful recording). Is there anything I can do to it so that it sounds somewhat... listenable? I'm using iTunes as my media player, btw.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by StewieSwan
buy it

I need it for a school project, and I don't want to buy an entire album for one song.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by KGB_INC
I need it for a school project, and I don't want to buy an entire album for one song.

Are you retarded or something? You've been able to buy single songs for years...
Check out my band Disturbed
depends on whats causing it, if it's poorly recorded you might be able to make it sound a little better if you really know what you're doing with audio restoration, if it's just a low bitrate mp3 there's not a whole lot you can do.

Quote by StewieSwan
Are you retarded or something? You've been able to buy single songs for years...

are you retarded or something? don't you know that depending on the artist and service in question that's not always an option?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 3, 2010,
Don't steal music. Join me in my quest to keep the pirates at bay.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
are you retarded or something? don't you know that depending on the artist and service in question that's not always an option?

Doubt TS even looked
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Doubt TS even looked

it's still worth pointing out, especially when you go about calling people retards.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by KGB_INC
I downloaded a song and the quality is absolute shit (meaning it crackles in my earbuds, and it is just overall a dreadful recording). Is there anything I can do to it so that it sounds somewhat... listenable? I'm using iTunes as my media player, btw.

Not really. You can cut the bitrate down to decrease size and quality, but bringing the bitrate back up doesn't help. I guess there's always Noise Removal in Audacity, but that's honestly the best you're gonna do, and it will still sound kinda muddy. Download the song again from a different source.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)