I know major and minor pentatonic scales quite fast and accurate.

I know the modes and stuff.

Couple easy songs but never was the type to learn full songs.

Few days ago when i went to try a guitar in a local shop i impressed my friend but i was just improvising some pentatonic licks and it gets boring after 5mins.

Well, i know i am not great yet but i can't see the next step...

I mean, when i started major scale i wanted to know it to learn modes and all but now im in a kind of mental plateau.

Started a band even but i feel i'm not good enough yet. I don't know any popular songs because I'm too lazy to learn them or i don't like them that much.

The music i listen is too damn easy like punk\blackmetal...

god damn
sounds like you need to expand your musical taste. Jazz, perhaps? and study improvising with the modes.
Quote by hippieboy444
sounds like you need to expand your musical taste. Jazz, perhaps? and study improvising with the modes.

This. Especially if you think your music is 'easy.'

I used to only like metal (like a lot of people here) but as my guitar playing progressed, so did my musical taste. I never was fond of jazz (well untill now.) It was never as 'cool' as the other music I listened to. I don't know how to explain it but I got over it. I also joined my schools jazz band (well joining) and I got to say, I worked harder on the piece that was given to me then any Iron Maiden song, or any other song I've worked on.

Anyways, enough about me. The point is, if you want to be a well-rounded guitar player, you have to have atleast some knowledge of the other genres, jazz and classical being the big ones. Notice how I didn't say it has to be your primary genre. Just give it a try.
Last edited by d1sturbed4eva at Jan 3, 2010,
yes i tried jazz but it's not for me at the moment... besides punk and metal i really like the classical japanese rock and rock.

Guess i'll start learning songs instead of moaning all the time. Thanks