guitarmasterclass

or jam play?

id like to check out some of these sites just wondering which is better. Plz only reply to these 2 sites.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
versus thread?
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
I've never been one to put stock in paid lesson sites. From their previews I can't see any difference between their content and anything listed for free anywhere else.

Don't waste your money.
Quote by silly6-string
guitarmasterclass

or jam play?

id like to check out some of these sites just wondering which is better. Plz only reply to these 2 sites.

GMC has some good content on it but in my opinion the paid sections probably aren't worth it, I've never actually used Jamplay but, again, I don't really think that paying is worth it.

To qualify:

All the information on those websites (excepting the specific licks in the videos) can be obtained, for free, with just a little bit of looking, paying for tuition is not worth it unless you can properly converse with your teacher, ask them to explain things differently, get that "jam" atmosphere going and generally get all the things that you CAN'T get from video lessons.

If you're going to pay then get a proper teacher, if you're not going to do that then just look around a bit, anything you can get from those can be got for free.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I think you guys may be surprised at how much you can benefit from our site. We get a lot of customers that thought "Why pay for this s***? I can find it all free on the net!" We take typical instruction a step further and organize it into easy-to-follow lesson series. I urge you to come take a look and see what you think. If you join and think "Ok this sucks..." just let us know and we'll provide you with a full refund...no questions asked.
Quote by devjeetroy
http://664ceaed.linkbucks.com
Try this out with coupon code:AE3GB
Free 7 days full access to Jamplay.No Credit Card Required

thanks, looks pretty good.

EDIT: meh, looks ok for beginners I guess, kind of slow with my connection.

No advanced lessons anywhere?
Last edited by Tempoe at Jun 3, 2010,
Don't waste your time on online stuff. You could pay for an online lesson that you could not understand, and then listen to someone on youtube and fully get it.

If you have money, go to a real teacher.
Quote by JamPlay
I think you guys may be surprised at how much you can benefit from our site. We get a lot of customers that thought "Why pay for this s***? I can find it all free on the net!" We take typical instruction a step further and organize it into easy-to-follow lesson series. I urge you to come take a look and see what you think. If you join and think "Ok this sucks..." just let us know and we'll provide you with a full refund...no questions asked.

Egads! They have a UG account. Run!
forget paying, justinguitar is way better than any of the content they could possibly offer.

it's human psychology to place more value on things that cost money. these websites will exploit this within you.

and if you had money anyway, go for a real guitar teacher. they will benefit you 100x more than any website could.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
I'm going to post this (as a learner) because I am precisely the target audience for web lessons.

I use justinguitar because Justin is so friendly and happy and has such a lovely manner for youtube lessons. A while ago, I got a free voucher, from the Justin site, to try JamPlay out. I tried it.

Wasn't a patch on Justin.

Out of a couple of lessons I learned next-to-nothing. I don't like it when a taped lesson begins with the instructor showing off their skills. All it tells me is that their playing is so much better then mine. And then I had this young lad mouthing off about some guitarist he doesn't like. Well, I went on the website to learn, not to hear his opinions.

Now maybe I was just unlucky in the lessons I picked. Maybe that style suits other people better.

But imho, there's not much that can be done online that Justin hasn't already done. So why pay?

This is my honest experience and opinion, and I post it here, as much so that JamPlay can learn from it as to answer the OP.
Don't pay for those sites when you can find at least 90% of their content in the UG lessons and columns.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I'm going to throw in for nextlevelguitar.com.

I'm stopping my current paid lessons with a teacher. I've been taking lessons from the guy for a long time and he's a great musician, but he has no structured plan or lessons for me - he wants me to buy a guitar method book and then he'll assign me stuff to do every week...I can do that for free, and he's not cheap at $25 for a 1/2 hour.

So I've been looking online and tried the 3 day free trial at nextlevelguitar and I have been impressed so far. Nice lesson structure, good videos, guy is pretty funny/easy to watch and learn from etc.

I will definitely check out JamPlay and guitarmasterclass though.