Hey guys, I recently got me a Fender Stratocaster, and I've been working on trying to get the tremolo bar and bridge perfect.

What I'm trying to achieve is basically a floating bridge that doesn't move to much when you bend a string. Bending two half steps really shouldn't cause any pitch change in the other strings to me.

I'm currently using 0.9 or 0.10 strings. So, any tips? I've been doing loads of work, but it just wont stay put/in tune...
the thing i saw that made a strat bridge into a floating trem is the tension on the springs in the back of the guitar. a good idea that will keep you in tune and allow you to float the trem is to have the spring holder looser on the top strings and tighter on the bottom strings. First you have to loosen the spring holder until the trem can freely more down and up. then loosen the bolt on the left side in the back cavity and tighten the bolt on the right side of the back cavity. play around with this until you are happy with the trem and the guitar staying in tune. I forgot to say the spring holder in the back cavity will be at an angle, this is normal.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Last edited by iceh88 at Jan 3, 2010,
Oh, thanks man. I've always kept the spring holder almost perfectly horizontal... never knew it was good to keep it at an angle.