I've heard that Breed pickups have a really nice clean tone to them, and very acoustic-like. Can anyone verify this? Any clean sound clips?

EDIT: Also, should I get a Breed bridge and another neck pup, or vice versa?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Last edited by bingeandletgo at Jan 3, 2010,
I was torn between the Dimarzio Evolution and some Seymour Duncans. I went to the Dimarzio site and they have sound clips for all of their pickups. Just click pickups and at the bottom there is a link for humbuckers, single, etc. After reading and listening to all of the pickups I settled on the Breed pickups for both (neck and bridge with the F-spacing) You get the Evolution tone for soloing but the rhythm is tons better then the Evolutions. I just ordered a set through Musicians Freind web site $10 cheaper than everywhere else I looked

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
^ Yes but the Dimarzio site doesn't sample a clean tone
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Well, just to clarify, you won't get an acoustic tone from any traditional magnetic pickup. But the Breed is a very outstanding pickup. I'd love to buy a set one day, but I need a guitar to stick them in first.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Well, just to clarify, you won't get an acoustic tone from any traditional magnetic pickup. But the Breed is a very outstanding pickup. I'd love to buy a set one day, but I need a guitar to stick them in first.

Yes I know, but to quote the guy who said it "On clean, I prefer the Breed... its just more acoustic like". Its just a reference point sorta
Quote by blackflag49

Amp test clips in my profile
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com