Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Ibanez RG350DX
19 54%
Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR
16 46%
Voters: 35.
Which guitar do you guys think is better?

Ibanez RG350DX
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG350DX-Guitar-102161940-i1395598.gc

Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Omen-Extreme-6-FR-Electric-Guitar-520222-i1435753.gc

Which one do you think has a better tremolo system, which one has a faster neck, which one has the lowest action? Which one is best for hard rock and metal? Also which one do you think looks the coolest?

Oh and don't just vote and leave, at least post a reply to why you picked what you voted.
Last edited by dsan224 at Jan 3, 2010,
both are budget trems, neither would be significantly better than the other if both are set up properly. action would also be pretty similar. both will do hard rock and metal just fine, but i would get pickup changes.
looking cool depends on the image youre trying to go for.

im inclined to say the 350 has the faster neck. i find that until you get to mid range schecters, particularly at the high (pitch) end of the neck, the bolt on is quite uncomfortable because of the squareness of it. from memory, the 350 has a smoother neck joint, so thats where id go.
just invest in a pickup change too thats all
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
The Schecter has a decent LFR and okay pickups. The Ibanez is probably what you're looking for but the Schecter is oh-so sexy.
I like the RG350DX, a lot.

One thing you have to keep in mind with the schecter is that it has a maple top, so you're paying extra for that.
I'd go for the schecter, they're both decent, but I'm a fan boy. And it looks cooler IMO.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Wow it's tied... in my local guitar store they have the RG350DX and they have the Schecter Omen 6 Extreme but it isn't floyd rose, is the regular extreme 6 the same as the extreme 6 FR except without the floyd rose?
Yeah, should be. And I JUST played the ibanez at my gc and i have to say it played quite good. felt really nice. But the damn trem bar it too damn close to the guitar. It was set up right too, maybe a mistake by ibanez...

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
id say the 350, i have an rg370dx (same guitar but rear routed [didn't want a pick guard]) and i love it. my friend has a shecter c-1, which is better that the one you posted there, that he got for $650 and i like my ibanecz a hell of a lot more than it. go with the ibanez.

Edit: to answer the questions that i looked over:

Ibanez has a faster neck by far
The schecter has a lower action out of box, but you can adjust it to whatever you want on either of them.
ibanez definately sounds better for hard rock and metal, etc.
looks is all up to you, but it depends on what you want in finish, I prefer the ibanez though (definitely the headstock on ibanez)
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jan 3, 2010,
I would go for the Ibanez. Schecter has too thick neck for my taste. and their low-budget tremolo blows.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I have a Shecter Black Jack V1. Love the guitar and the neck. I think the Shecter build quality is better than the Ibanez as well. I have owned some nice Ibanez guitars in the past so neither is a bad choice.
We use 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 2 to pull a trigger. I'm lazy and I'm tired of smiling.

Current Gear:
Schecter Black Jack V1
Schecter Hollywood Classic (New)
Fender Telecaster
Amps:
1970's Randall Commander II
Bugera V22
I had an RG350DX. It was a pretty good guitar.

As far as your questions go.

1. The trems on both guitars aren't going to last forever. But neither is distinctly better than the other.

2. String action is going to vary from guitar to guitar. This is one reason why it's always good to get a guitar you can try for yourself first. You won't always need to spend extra money on setups and fretwork if you're lucky enough to find a good one.

3. Ibanez: Uninspiring cosmetics, boring pickups, best necks in the game.

Hope that helps.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I didn't vote.

-Which one do you think has a better tremolo system?

They both will wear out after a few months of use. Neither is really good, but I had terrible experiences with the Edge 3, and I have a feeling the Schecter will last a little more.

-Which one has a faster neck?

The Ibanez IMO would have a faster neck, but that might be different for you. Try it out if you can, but chances are you'll find the Ibanez faster.

-Which one has the lowest action?

Action can be adjusted.

-Which one is best for hard rock and metal?

Neither is really better then the other. They are kind of even, because the pickups both aren't great, and they both have the same tonewood. Try them both out, and take the one that feels the best to you.

-Also which one do you think looks the coolest?

The Schecter is much better looking then the Ibanez IMO. The Ibanez is kind of ugly to be honest, but that's me.
Yes definitely save up for it if it's what you want. Much better bridge on it and better pickups (although that's up for debate).
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I didn't vote.

-Which one do you think has a better tremolo system?

They both will wear out after a few months of use. Neither is really good, but I had terrible experiences with the Edge 3, and I have a feeling the Schecter will last a little more.

Seriously over exaggerated there pal.

Edge 3 isn't half as bad as some of the posters make it out to be. It's not great but it's not bad. Perfectly fine on a $350 guitar.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
So do you think instead of sooner buying a guitar that's a little better than my current one, just save up for a LONG time and then after a while just buy that guitar and be set for an even longer time?
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
Seriously over exaggerated there pal.

Edge 3 isn't half as bad as some of the posters make it out to be. It's not great but it's not bad. Perfectly fine on a $350 guitar.
I did over-exaggerate it a little bit. I played a used RG when I formed my opinion on the Edge III, so it could have already been worn out.
Quote by dsan224
So do you think instead of sooner buying a guitar that's a little better than my current one, just save up for a LONG time and then after a while just buy that guitar and be set for an even longer time?
This will pay off better.

Good things happen to those who wait.
man after u r done saving for that one u will pay 1000 dollars! get the one without the floyd rose. its not worth 150 dollars more for a tremelo. get the hellraiser special with a floyd rose. plays basically the same, has the same specs, and is cheaper!
Last edited by SinisterSysko at Oct 11, 2011,
out of those options, i believe the ibanez wins hands down on all of them, except for looks, cause those are subjective.

and also, low action is dependent upon how the guitar is setup. so they both could be exactly the same once setup.