I just graduated to my first 5 string! I'm so excited. Now that I have access to another string, what songs would be good to learn?
Quote by EuBoat
Congrats

This thread from a while back is full of bands that use 5-strings. Check it out.

Ah beat me to it!. That topic will be of help.

Personally I recommend two things. Try some Dream Theater, and make your own works up.
Quote by rockonth
Why don't they just send 4chan to Iraq if they're so good at these so called "raids"?

Quote by entity0009
I once got hit by a flying wig. Either it was a wig or someone was headbanging far too hard.
Same here. One thing that I've been having fun with is transposing songs that are normally in Drop D or Drop C, and being able to play them on my 5 String(Tuned BEADG) by utilizing the B string.
Gear:
Palmer 4-String Electric
Palmer 4-String Acoustic
Orange Terror Bass 500 head
Orange OBC115 cab
M-Audio KeyRig 49
when ever I get my hands on a five string I like playing 4 string songs transposed for the five. Like insteadf of playing arpegios off of the 3 fret on the E I play them on the 8th fret of the B. Or I noodle around in the minor pentatonic
no sir away a papaya war is on
Try "Phobophile" or "Slit Your Guts" by Cryptopsy. IIRC, they're in B standard tuning.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.