Page 1 of 3
I want to talk about the stupidest "I'm Drunk but you've only had one beer!" Girls.
I think it's funny when they would act Wasted then when we get rolled and they breathalyze them and their not drunk. Fake much?!

What is your guys opinion on this and some funny stories..

<3
That's Just How The $treet Rolls Son.
I don't mind as long as I get a blowjob in the end.
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
My dog came into my room while I was fapping.
I couldn't look Wolfie in the eye for a week.
there's actually a legit psychological reason for this, but I forget what it's called.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by YourMomToTheMaX
I don't mind as long as I get a blowjob in the end.

Hah! I see your point, but you really don't find that disturbing or annoying at all?
I think they're gonna keep on doing it because guys like you get all butthurt about it, which gives them the attention they try to get by acting like that.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
there's actually a legit psychological reason for this, but I forget what it's called.

Hah! Really. I would like to know this?

What, like attention *****? Or I'm too cool because I "drank" more than you?
I read the OP and was baffled. Then I read the replies and everyone seems to be familiar with this. Is this the new cool thing to do or something?
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

It's something to do with the expectation of the effects of drink, basically their mind makes them believe they're drunk until it's proven otherwise.

I also can't remember what it's called
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by strat0blaster
I think they're gonna keep on doing it because guys like you get all butthurt about it, which gives them the attention they try to get by acting like that.

No. It's not like that. I laugh at it and just wonder why they do that.
Quote by lzcougarz3
I read the OP and was baffled. Then I read the replies and everyone seems to be familiar with this. Is this the new cool thing to do or something?

Apparently so, it appears that attention starved women are so desperate for a hook up that they're willing to hook up with one of the first guys they see because they're so "drunk"...perhaps UG finally has a chance to get some.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's something to do with the expectation of the effects of drink, basically their mind makes them believe they're drunk until it's proven otherwise.

They feel it'll make them more socially acceptable and/or popular, attractive, cool, etc. And there is a psychological name for it - it's call adolescence.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by LonelyStarts
Hah! I see your point, but you really don't find that disturbing or annoying at all?

Yeah, it's annoying as hell, but it doesn't make me mad at all. It's just childish and stupid.
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
Quote by YourMomToTheMaX
Yeah, it's annoying as hell, but it doesn't make me mad at all. It's just childish and stupid.

I didn't read your post, but your user name is the best ever, and nobody can take that away from you!

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Yeah I know a chick like this, except she always like latches on to me like some kind of parasite.

Really, whatever, it's free action, I can't complain.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by strat0blaster
They feel it'll make them more socially acceptable and/or popular, attractive, cool, etc. And there is a psychological name for it - it's call adolescence.

no, some of them really don't do it on purpose, and guys do it too, I'm trying to look up the name for the effect, but it's pretty much how he described it.

EDIT: it's called the Mallenby effect.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 3, 2010,
The worst one i've seen ever was my good friend Pat_s1t's cousin.. She gets "drunk" after one beer then finds the nearest guy and just hits on him until the next guy passes. i find it quite funny personally.
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Quote by rock.freak667
I've never met girls like that.

You haven't been to enough parties...

Quote by strat0blaster

Actually there is a different thing that I'm talking about which can be seen in almost anyone if you set up the right conditions; a grown man can be bought drinks and if he's told they're alchoholic then chances are he'll end up "drunk" even if he hasn't had a drop of actual booze. Then you tell him that he hasn't had a bit of alchohol all evening and he 'sobers up' in seconds and feels like a twat.

It's quite hilarious.

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
no, some of them really don't do it on purpose, and guys do it too, I'm trying to look up the name for the effect, but it's pretty much how he described it.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Yeah, well there's a scientific name for dumping in your pants uncontrollably because of the weight loss supplement being taken, but no matter what fancy name you give it, it's still just dumping in your trousers cause of a pill.

Same with this. Just cause you throw a medical name on it doesn't make it any less attention wh0ring.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I didn't read your post, but your user name is the best ever, and nobody can take that away from you!

Why thank you.
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You haven't been to enough parties...

Actually there is a different thing that I'm talking about which can be seen in almost anyone if you set up the right conditions; a grown man can be bought drinks and if he's told they're alchoholic then chances are he'll end up "drunk" even if he hasn't had a drop of actual booze. Then you tell him that he hasn't had a bit of alchohol all evening and he 'sobers up' in seconds and feels like a twat.

It's quite hilarious.

Wouldn't that just be a sort of placebo?
has a terrible signature.
Quote by strat0blaster
Yeah, well there's a scientific name for dumping in your pants uncontrollably because of the weight loss supplement being taken, but no matter what fancy name you give it, it's still just dumping in your trousers cause of a pill.

Same with this. Just cause you throw a medical name on it doesn't make it any less attention wh0ring.

It's really not attention seeking, it's because of the effects the brain expects to recieve so no matter what happens it generates those effects anyway.

Have you never noticed that when you go out and specifically want to get drunk it seems that you take a lot less drink to actually get wasted? Even if you're alone...

Quote by Austyn6661
Wouldn't that just be a sort of placebo?

It might very well be a variation of the placebo effect, I don't know, I'm not a scientist, I just remember reading about it somewhere

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

It's quite hilarious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject-expectancy_effect

Quote by strat0blaster

It's not done for the purpose of attention whoring, http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Effects-of-alcohol-on-the-body#Mallenby_Effect

Last.fm
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Monkey see monkey do?

ya, i know what your talking about its something similare to the placebo effect but it has its own name. Its really bugging me now

Edit: dam, beaten to it
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's really not attention seeking, it's because of the effects the brain expects to recieve so no matter what happens it generates those effects anyway.

Have you never noticed that when you go out and specifically want to get drunk it seems that you take a lot less drink to actually get wasted? Even if you're alone...

It might very well be a variation of the placebo effect, I don't know, I'm not a scientist, I just remember reading about it somewhere

That's an asinine idea, IMO. Seriously - there's some ridiculous medical title for everything, explaining away idiocy so that the people who act like idiots don't have to feel bad because it's a medical condition. It's stupid and coddling.

It's basically suggesting a self imposed placebo, which is stupid, because you're making yourself experience something you're not in order to achieve a desired affect, which is exactly what I said in the first place, except this time I'm not using biased words like "attention grabbing" and "stupid."

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
it's called the Mallenby effect for anyone that's curious.

Quote by strat0blaster
That's an asinine idea, IMO. Seriously - there's some ridiculous medical title for everything, explaining away idiocy so that the people who act like idiots don't have to feel bad because it's a medical condition. It's stupid and coddling.

It's basically suggesting a self imposed placebo, which is stupid, because you're making yourself experience something you're not in order to achieve a desired affect, which is exactly what I said in the first place, except this time I'm not using biased words like "attention grabbing" and "stupid."

well the difference between your idea and ours is tat ours is backed by cosenus, and is a pretty well accepted psychological phenomenon.

Last.fm
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Placebo Effect.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by strat0blaster

It's not a medical condition, it's not something that only occurs in a minority of cases or anything like that, it's a well documented phenomenon that has more or less nothing to do with the outward effects of the intoxication i.e. attention.

Whether you think it's stupid or not and how many of the girls mentioned in the OP are actually going for attention is pretty much immaterial, it happens and that's more or less all there is to it.

Quote by smartalec007
Placebo Effect.

Take a look at the link Kid_Thorazine posted.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it's called the Mallenby effect for anyone that's curious.

well the difference between your idea and ours is tat ours is backed by cosenus, and is a pretty well accepted psychological phenomenon.

It's still a ridiculous excuse for stupid behavior.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's not a medical condition, it's not something that only occurs in a minority of cases or anything like that, it's a well documented phenomenon that has more or less nothing to do with the outward effects of the intoxication i.e. attention.

Whether you think it's stupid or not and how many of the girls mentioned in the OP are actually going for attention is pretty much immaterial, it happens and that's more or less all there is to it.

So you'd accept that if your daughter did it? That would be an acceptable excuse for your child, if you had one?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
It's still a ridiculous excuse for stupid behavior.

It's ot an excuse, the behavior isn't intentional.

Quote by strat0blaster
So you'd accept that if your daughter did it? That would be an acceptable excuse for your child, if you had one?

Absolutely not, I would totally beat the shit out of my kids because of something beyond thier control based entirely on my pathetic understanding of psychology.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Then I'll pose to you the same question I asked the other guy above:

You'd accept that if it was your daughter acting like that at a party?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I went on a date with a girl that got really "wasted" on like one hit of weed.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Absolutely not, I would totally beat the shit out of my kids because of something beyond thier control based entirely on my pathetic understanding of psychology.

Don't have kids. You'll be a grandfather when they're 14 because you believed everything you read in popular science.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Page 1 of 3