Heya UG,

I've been lurking here for a little while now gathering information on what to get for a starter guitar and amp. If anyone is feeling helpful id like an opinion on what ive decided on so far.

The guitar: Rondo music Agile AL-2000

The amp: Roland Microcube

I will mostly be playing rock and posibly metal, though eventually id like to branch out as well. My budget is about 400$ total, with my current picks id hope that it'd leave money for cords, strings etc. Whatcha think?
Welcome '10er.

And i think that thats a pretty good setup. You could probably get better, but hey, get what you like. If you play metal most cliche people are going to tell you to get an ibanez. Low end Ibanezs suck. Now I hate to say it, but i would recommend a (looks around) spider III or a IV. At bedroom levels, or just goofing around, they have it all right there to pick whatever sound you want. Just starting out its important to have options. Just saying...

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by OctoberWind
Now I hate to say it, but i would recommend a (looks around) spider III or a IV.
Why?

At the same price, he could get a much better Peavey Vypyr/Roland Cube.

I would push for a Vypyr 30. It's $200, and the Agile is about $200, so it should fit.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Why?

At the same price, he could get a much better Peavey Vypyr/Roland Cube.

I would push for a Vypyr 30. It's $200, and the Agile is about $200, so it should fit.

Yeah I agree with the peavy vypyr. And if you can push for it I would suggest the Agile Dauntless over the AL-2000
I guess it depends on what volume you want it. The microcube cant begin to compete with a drummer. But I completely forgot about the Vypyr. A very good amp once you figure out the controls.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
A vypyr 15 was my second choice, ive read a lot of positive reviews about them and the 30w models. I think I will go ahead and get the 30w as it has the USB and midi connections which could come in handy.

My only concern really is how much the little things are going to cost, I get the impression that strings, a strap etc are going to add up pretty quick and take me well over the 400$ mark.

I suppose I could just wait a little bit longer...but who wants to do that? ;p

thanks for the advice.
Quote by RidiculousCube
A vypyr 15 was my second choice, ive read a lot of positive reviews about them and the 30w models. I think I will go ahead and get the 30w as it has the USB and midi connections which could come in handy.

My only concern really is how much the little things are going to cost, I get the impression that strings, a strap etc are going to add up pretty quick and take me well over the 400$ mark.

I suppose I could just wait a little bit longer...but who wants to do that? ;p

thanks for the advice.

Only the VYPYR 75 and Tube 60 up have the USB ports. All VYPYRs except the 15 watt have the midi though.

I'd recommend you get a boss tu-80 tuner (its a chromatic tuner with a metronome)
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Maybe instead of buying a stand alone tuner, find a used Zoom G2 on Ebay of in you local paper. Cheap tuner plus all kinds of effects.
AL