http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjKMobts5U <-------------- song

I figure its kinda like Stairway, with the arpeggios.

Anyone else played it or mastered it, etc. Did it take long to learn?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Not hard. Took about an hour or 2 after I became technically good enough to handle it. Solo is harder to memorize than it is to play.
Is it not played on two guitars?
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Like most old pop/rock songs, it's relatively simple and easy to play. Big difference between playing a song and playing it well though. That's why a lot of great songs have been ruined for a lot of people.
For instance, millions of noobs butchering sweet child of mine - an easy song, but you have to have been playing a few years to sound anything like Slash and Izzy.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Why dont you play it and find out?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

not terribly hard, just have to be good at the picking and can get a little tight since it's played with a capo up the neck....to be able to play it like the eagles do over and over with perfection, is not easy tho...the solo just requires perfect bends....like one guy said it's not hard to play, but hard to master
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by VanTheKraut
Why dont you play it and find out?

I have , and its like stairway. Kinda easy to do, but hard to play at tempo. I wanted other peoples opinions on it.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
the notes are easy, but playing it in a way that actually sounds good takes a good bit of work.
Yeah, my band played it, and depending on wether you aim on playing EVERY guitar part (and there's a few) or just playing the 'main' ones, it can be quite simple, or a little more complicated, but the chords and such are easy enough.
Yeah, the chords are easy, but there is also 3 parts to make it sound "authentic" or "actual" whatever. I'm just trying the 7th-fret-capo part atm, and its not bad, but hard to play at tempo.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Chords for it are simple and lead is not to bad, but staying on tempo can be a pain. If you are not trying to play if perfectly though it can still be entertaining. If you ever go to GC with a friend have one of you to play lead and the other play rhythm and you will most likely end up with a small group watching and singing.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
The very 1st eagles tune i learned. I've bin singin' all w/end in chat rooms but if my voice is up to it 2moro (sun) i'll do an mp3 an upload it. itl just be me an' my guitar. Can't vouch what the qualities gonna be like as I've only got a crappy £9.99 pcline mic plugged straight into my laptop. but if it sounds ok Ill put it up wi the chords changes strum pattern etc. An approximation of what a band sounds like is all a soloist can hope to achieve but my versions reasonably close. I do Tequilla sunrise, Peaceful easy feelin, desperado amongst others. But my favourite is , I can't tell you why.
Quote by mrmystic
Chords for it are simple and lead is not to bad, but staying on tempo can be a pain. If you are not trying to play if perfectly though it can still be entertaining. If you ever go to GC with a friend have one of you to play lead and the other play rhythm and you will most likely end up with a small group watching and singing.

Or they could say stop fucking butchering the song, I hate when people kill songs I like (I've heard Iron Man get played so bad every time I was at GC)
It's not a hard song if you approach it as an accoustic solo. I do mostly fingerpicking and its just a matter of doing some arpeggio variations on the chords. No need to copy it note for note...in fact in a solo version it sounds better if you don't.

Note: keep it slow and concentrate on timing!!

For a solo version, don't use a capo...you want the 'fuller sound' of the open chords and choosing when to mute them (or not).
Why does anybody else's opinion matter?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I find it easy listening. *rimshot*

But yeah, it's an easy song. If you've been playing long enough to get movement on the fretboard and everything down, it's just learning some more positions. Memorization and timing are key here.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?