Erm... What I think is that... Ur composition need a lil more work... the main guitar and the futuristic backing track not really connecting with each other I think... Although I like the idea of this futuristic song... But the execution is a bit of a let down....

Yes... Slow sweep picking can sound good.. I agree with u in that... Maybe u should get a cheap dynamic mic to record ur guitar...and use any software to mix ur backing track and the guitar part...

I hope what say did not offend u in any way... I myself is a newbie in this... so this is just my honest opinion...

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1239070
Last edited by jemeput at Jan 3, 2010,
theres definitely potential here for a killer song. Try guitar rig 3 to record, its not cheep but i dont condone piracy.........mwahaha
Uh, not to be the bringer of bad news, but that was bad, like, really bad. The sweep picking was cool, but that backing track, made me want to shoot myself. It was a good try, but its not working, might just be the recording quality with your sweep guitar, but the backing track was just total fail, no structure, was completely random, had no dynamics, and just plain bad.

Not trying to be mean, I can already see by the video that your a better lead player than me, but you need to do some serious restructuring on this song, and figure out a better way to record. Hope this was somewhat helpful and not as depressing as I made it seem.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Uh, not to be the bringer of bad news, but that was bad, like, really bad. The sweep picking was cool, but that backing track, made me want to shoot myself. It was a good try, but its not working, might just be the recording quality with your sweep guitar, but the backing track was just total fail, no structure, was completely random, had no dynamics, and just plain bad.

Not trying to be mean, I can already see by the video that your a better lead player than me, but you need to do some serious restructuring on this song, and figure out a better way to record. Hope this was somewhat helpful and not as depressing as I made it seem.

Yeah, I do gotta redo the backing track, I gotta put it in key and mix it. Im not yet done, and I dont have recording software, but Ill have it done in a month, hopefully with a better backing track (Well Definetly LOL).
k well first off the backing track did not help at all. It didn't fit with the guitar parts. The quality wasn't good, but the playing was pretty great. The guitar sounded a tad out of tune I think but maybe not. I couldn't really tell what was going on sometimes because of the quality and the backing track, and the song seemed kinda formless. Your playing is fine, you just need to work on recording and production and whatnot.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256130
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
The backing track didn't fit and became increasingly annoying. The guitar playing was ok but the recording quality was very off-putting. Use a better backing track and get a better recording setup and you should be sorted.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
The lead was good, and i did enjoy the sweeping. However the guitar was very hard to hear and the backing track didn't really seem to match the tempo you were playing at.

You definitely have some chops though.

please crit mine
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258657
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Quote by ntchode
The lead was good, and i did enjoy the sweeping. However the guitar was very hard to hear and the backing track didn't really seem to match the tempo you were playing at.

You definitely have some chops though.

please crit mine
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258657

Thanks, yeah, the guitars quiet cuz I have no recording program, and the backing track was just thrown in so it wouldnt just be guitar, will write a better one eventually.