Hey guys so I'm willing to spend 750-1500$ for a good guitar right now (maybe a little more but I have to wait more time) and I think that's a decent budget.

I love tone like guthrie govan tone, greg howe, all that good stuff and right now I'm into 3 guitars:

esp ltd mh-1000: 1200$ (here in the uk)
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/esp-guitars-ltd-mh-1000nt-w-duncans-electric-guitar-dark-brown-sunburst--58870

godin freeway classic: 930$
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/PTE/Godin-Freeway-Classic-MF-Lightburst-/art-GIT0005919-003

Washburn X50 PRO - 700$
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/washburn-x50-pro-electric-guitar-quilted-cognac--44667

(the ltd is more expensive here in uk, I know that guitar center and musician's friend have this guitar as well and cheaper but unfortunately they don't ship to europe)

My question for you guys is: which one is better for me? The ltd is a lot more expensive though. Oh and I'd love to hear suggestions for other guitars (no les paul or strats please :p Thanks!
Last edited by symba05 at Jan 4, 2010,
I think he means jazz fusion.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
what the **** is rock fusion?

Haha did I come up with a new style?

Something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yPEewaalik

EDIT: I think the appropriate name is just "Fusion". Fusion is a mix of rock and jazz sometimes there are other genres mixed in as well. Some fusion guitarists include Guthrie Govan, Greg Howe, and Tony MacAlpine. Getting into jazz will help you learn. I find the best thing to is transcribing your favorites to learn licks. It might be a pain at first but it is the best way to learn.
Last edited by symba05 at Jan 3, 2010,
With that kind of price range, you'll have so many good choices it will make your head spin. Have you decided that it will be one of those two guitars you've mentioned?
Quote by FatalGear41
With that kind of price range, you'll have so many good choices it will make your head spin. Have you decided that it will be one of those two guitars you've mentioned?

I haven't made a decision yet, I found those 2 guitars to be good options but I'm open to suggestions my friend
nice american strat?
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood
Martin DC-15E
Peavey ValveKing 112
In that price range I would get a used PRS EG or CE. A domino/domino/hum EG would be my first choice for that style, but they're rather rare. For all I know there are none in Europe.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by Even Bigger D

And about the 2 guitars I showed in the first post, which one do you think is better?

About the Godin one, I actually found this video quite impressive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zDMvVB0_Aw
I'd probably take the Godin. Just seems more genre appropriate.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by Even Bigger D
I'd probably take the Godin. Just seems more genre appropriate.

ESP isn't too involved in the fusion market.

And to clarify (how I think about it):

Jazz fusion=Jazz with a little rock
Rock fusion=Rock wth a little jazz
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Why not Charvel? The new So-Cal models would probably be pretty good for fusion.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
Why not Charvel? The new So-Cal models would probably be pretty good for fusion.

The ones one of my local stores got in were setup disasters. In theory they should have been good, but I think you'd have your work cut out to get them to play well.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by bingeandletgo
ESP isn't too involved in the fusion market.

I know but that doesn't mean it won't work right?

Quote by Baby Joel

You mention living in the UK, in that case, check out Washburn X50 Pro.

Now that was interesting because the Washburn X50 Pro has Seymour Duncans, mahogany body, rosewood fretboard, 24 frets, exactly like the LTD MH-1000, but the price is way lower!
I have a Godin Detour which is something of a little brother to the Freeway and I love it. It's a great playing guitar, the neck is great. Though they can be quite weighty due to all that maple. One thing I find with it is the pick ups can be a little inarticulate with higher gain playing.
Quote by symba05
I know but that doesn't mean it won't work right?

It would work definitely. Just making a comment
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Im a big fan of Guthrie myself, you can use pretty much any superstrat to play it. It's more a rig/amp thing..

I completely agree, any superstrat, id definitely look into some pickups similar to dimarzio's, they are definitely more of a lead thing then rhythm (emg/seymour duncan)
I would also stay away from ESP/LTD's, they are more metal guitars
Schecter Omen 6 Diamond Series
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Standard Strat
Too Many Pedals To List
Line 6 Spider III (I was young and stupid
)