For a While I have been using trs cables to connect my audio interface to my studio monitors.Then Someone told me I should use speaker cables. Are my monitors getting damaged by using trs cables?
That's fine, my monitors specify 'TRS' on the back. Speaker cables are for connecting an amplifier to speakers, in the case of studio monitors they already have the amplifier built inside of them. Whoever told you that is thinking in terms of guitar amplifiers, you're fine.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Generally the connections are the same, the only different is that speaker cables have more insulation & are designed to carry more load. You shouldn't need speaker cable for studio monitors.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
Generally the connections are the same, the only different is that speaker cables have more insulation & are designed to carry more load. You shouldn't need speaker cable for studio monitors.

you do if you are using a power amp and passive monitor setup, of course that's not likely to apply to anyone here, but it's something to bear in mind.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by scarlet20
For a While I have been using trs cables to connect my audio interface to my studio monitors.Then Someone told me I should use speaker cables. Are my monitors getting damaged by using trs cables?

You need speaker cable between an amplifer and speakers.

Using a instrument lead cable instead will fry the output tubes of a tube power amp or worse, cause the cable to burn, ignite and torch not only your amp but your whole house.
Quote by ColdGin
You need speaker cable between an amplifer and speakers.

Using a instrument lead cable instead will fry the output tubes of a tube power amp or worse, cause the cable to burn, ignite and torch not only your amp but your whole house.

we're talking about powered studio monitors here dude, not guitar amps...
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm