So my drummer bought a Epiphone Pro-2 and he is looking into upgrading the stock Pickups. The only problem is I have yet to find any pickups that are slanted like these.

anyone know where you can by some. He is looking for Actives, but i'm lost.

I'm calling upon UG for help
well they sure aint actives, but rio grande.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
no...lookat them again, simplest way to explain without pictures, if normal humbuckers are squares, these are rhombuses. no 90 degree corners so the string gets picked up by both coils correctly.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Blind is right, they are rhombus shaped.

Bill and Becky are very helpful folks, but to my knowledge, they don't do actives. Bill's philosophy: "batteries are for flashlights!"
Wire 4 of these together?

http://www.guitarpartsonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_68&products_id=276

Thats the only way I see to do it. 4 single coils so you can slant them yourself.

Or 4 of these http://store.guitarfetish.com/lilkiblhurap.html and have 4 humbuckers, 8 rails. Do crazy coil tapping/series/parallel wiring. lol.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by blindsagacity
no...lookat them again, simplest way to explain without pictures, if normal humbuckers are squares, these are rhombuses. no 90 degree corners so the string gets picked up by both coils correctly.

Well, now that I look at it again, yes, but more accurately their parallelograms. But the wire two single coil pickups in parallel might work, might not sound the exact same as a humbucker, but would get close.

At least you don't have a MOOG guitar, I say good luck finding a pickup in that weird ass shape, damn MOOG guitars.
Quote by Invader Jim
humbucker coils are wired in series. it won't sound the same. close, but not exact. the coil of a single and the coil of a humbucker are very different.

Yeah, he said he doesn't want to do that. But Thanks, I think he will just have to deal with the pickups he has now. I mean, he get the guitar on a steal of a deal (150$). Just the bridge is a pain in the neck to set up
Yeah, what is up with that bridge?
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by blindsagacity
Yeah, what is up with that bridge?

It's a steinberger bridge, It came stock on the Korean Epip-Pro2s but it's like a strat bridge and a floyd rose had a love child. It's hard to explain unless i could take pictures which it's back at college with him now so. Lets just say it's a headache to change strings on and double as annoying to set intonation.
^fun....

so whats that ball thing in the middle?
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by blindsagacity
^fun....

so whats that ball thing in the middle?

It controls the spring tension basically. it moves the bottom of the bridge in or out tightening or loosening up the spring tension.

but the allen wrench screw for the saddle is located right under the string its self, i noticed it after stringing it up. So the intonation is just about horrible