Hey there!

I'm kinda new here for posting, but have been lurking and pulling down Guitar Pro stuff for awhile.

I have a quick question about policy concerning posting up edited versions of other people's tabs...

Ya see, some friends of mine and I have gotten into Drop C tuning, so I've been editing tabs into Drop C and transposing 'em in a lower (more meaty/metal) key. Some of these have turned out rather cool 'n I'd like to give 'em back to the community.

I figure the Tab community is much like scripting/open source... beg, borrow, steal, chop, hack, and mash, but give credit where credit is due.

Sound about right?

I don't want to step on any toes!

Thanks for any input ya got!
Hey BitRaiser

I don't think there should be any problem, but questions about tabs should go in the Tab Talk forum. You could also PM emad who is one of UG's tab mods, and far better qualified than I am on this subject

stratkat
Thanks for the reply!

I posted here 'cause I figured it was more of a noob to the community sorta question rather than anything tab technical.

Speaking of community noob stuff, is it frowned upon to make threads requesting feedback on stuff you post? I'd like to hear what folks think of some of this stuff I've been messing with... but again, I don't want to be the annoying new guy!
I've been editing tabs into Drop C and transposing 'em in a lower (more meaty/metal) key

If the original song is not played into drop c, what would be the point of doin' this?

Speaking of community noob stuff, is it frowned upon to make threads requesting feedback on stuff you post?

No.

I'd like to hear what folks think of some of this stuff I've been messing with... but again, I don't want to be the annoying new guy!

Try this forum:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.