so i bought a BL L500XL and a Duncan Invader. im pretty sure these are both bridge pups, i know the XL is at least, but is it possible/safe to wire in 2 lead pickups i want the invader at the neck but to still have kind of a lead sound to it. i know itll mellow out at the neck but i dont want the neck version of the pup i just want to throw the bridge version in. but the XL is deffinitly going in the bridge slot

does anyone know what i mean ill try and explain it better if noone understands.
it will work fine just do it
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
As long as the screw holes line up and it fits in the pickguard, it's fine.
You may want another switch or two in order to do coil taps, in phase, out of phase, parallel, etc.

All of my guitars have at least 2 or 3 switches in them for a bunch of different sounds.
It seems lately im the onlyone not getting Bl L500XL's At least I still have the GFS power rail to fall back on. Anyways im sure it will work just fine.
awesome. that coil tap thing sounds great ive seen that but never knew how it worked ill probably try that. im gonna have to make a few holes but thats ok im striping the paint anyway.

i bought a new warrior body and im itching to mess with it i hope all this comes out great
Just a heads-up, the Invader is going to be SUPER loud in the neck position. It will take some tweaking the height to make it sound good but that setup should be about a aggressive as a pair of passive pickups can be. Good luck!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
thanks for that extra advice i probably would have done a "WTF is wrong with this". i dont want to rout a battery piece into my warrior body so i decided on passive and i think i made the better choice this time.
Yeah, the impedence of the Invader is significantly higher than the L500XL, so they would balance much more naturally if you were to switch their positions. That said, there are no rules and you should do whatever you want-- Just be ready to find an innovative solution when you go off the beaten path!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
how would i fix something like that though. im new to pups so this is deffinitly going to be an experience.

do it just have to do with the hight of the screws or do i have to do something else with it. im probably gonna have a luthier help me put this together though.

and btw does anyone know what the difference between shielded and unshielded L500XL's are. because i cant find any info on that specifically. would there be some incredible difference in tone?
Last edited by pushcarich at Jan 7, 2010,
Either of those pickups will sound loud and muddy at the neck.
Maybe wire the coils of the neck pickup in parallel to give it more clarity, idk.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
im just worried about the volume of the invader being too loud not how muddy it sounds. im fine with the tone. i just want it to not drown out the L500 when i hit the middle switch.
Last edited by pushcarich at Jan 7, 2010,
have you heard its tone in the neck, it WILL be much different...
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
so is there just not really that much i can do its just GOING to be louder. i mean im ok with loud.