Am i the only person who feels like these Acoustic brand head/cab combos are going down the same path as the marshall MG series/Line 6/Peavey TKO as the latest 'step up' fad for new players? I feel like a TON of people have bought them for such. any thoughts?
I bought the cabinet, because it was a nice cabinet, however, I really dislike the sound their heads produce, the way their set up, and I don't think their very good for what you pay.

I'm only using the cabinet until I can get a nice Peavey Head plus 115+410 cabinet set up.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
You posted 2 contradicting statements in your own thread.
Please elaborate.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
not really they seem to be pretty basic bare bones amps, which cuts down on price. plus they arent a marshall or fender brand so ur not paying for a name either.
I don't think so. They're affordable, but not a horrible amp. The Line6 Spider III is affordable but garbage. The acoustic amp is affordable and decent for what you pay.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Acoustic amps are good for an all around versatile sound. They may not hit anything perfect but they get pretty close for the money you pay. QC isn't bad on them either.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I agree to an extent, but it's not as if this is anything new. The "intermediate" market in the instrument world, especially the guitar and bass world, is big money. Fender did it with the Rumbles, Ashdown tried to buck the trend with a fairly decent MAG series, but they basically fit right in there too, GK did it with the Backline series, Ampeg did it with the BA series, need I go on? Everybody is looking to buy in the $300-$600 range of equipment and that's exactly what they get. Acoustic is doing the exact same thing; producing bare bones product with average everything, a decent wattage and guess what? They're selling the shit out of them and making a buttload of money. That's how the world works. There's always going to be bassists out there who are ready for an upgrade, but don't have enough money or don't understand that to get an amp that will satisfy them for more than a year they'll have to shell out.
I don't necessarily think it's as bad as the guitar world, but it's not that different.
I think they're totally fine. I'm not someone who knows a lot about bass amps nor has access to many. I got a B200 combo a year or two ago and it's fit me perfectly. I'm exploring what style I like and I can dial it to a variety of tones to get near what I want.

They're affordable amps for people who haven't developed an ear for what they want but they still sound pretty good.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You know I never heard anything about them. I saw them on Musicians Friend and was thinking about buying, for the price mostly. Then I figured the price was kind of too low, most likely meaning that its kind of a cheap brand. I actually have no experience with Acoustic. So I dont think I really helped. Hopefully what I said helped a little.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
No, because unlike the MG and Spider, they're not horrible amps. So far I've been satisfied with both amps that I've got from them (Acoustic B10 was my first amp, and my newest is the Acoustic B200 halfstack). You can dial in a good amount of sounds with the EQ, and with a good pedalboard, you're pretty much set.
Acoustic amps sound very good and it is easy to dial in a good tone with them. The only question about them is how well they hold up over the long haul. The prices are reasonable because they are built overseas and they aren't packed with a lot of unnecessary features. If they are rugged enough for serious gigging/touring, then I expect you will see them more often on stages. Time will tell.
I personally like the B410 cab, that amp can get pretty loud without sounding too distorted. Acoustic amps are good though because they don't waste money on a bunch of unnecessary things.

Fuck that - I want a bass amp that can suck dick! Where do you find such a thing
Quote by Mutant Corn
The only thing I haven't liked so far has been this:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-260-100W-1x10-Bass-Mini-Stack?sku=484906

Apparently it actually works well, though, so I'm not going to complain much.

Yea, why the hell even make that? I wouldn't buy a 200w head so why get a 100w?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Not everyone needs to be heard over an insanely loud drummer. I use a Fender Rumble 100 right now (not mine) and the bass is still mostly audible, even though it is largely covered by the drummer. Some people just play lighter. 100 watts is fine for jazz and stuff like that.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.