I've been working on Barre chords more latley, I have no problem switching from lets say a D to an F chord. The problem is getting it to sound. I play a fender strat, I bought it from a guy on craigslist, it felt/feels perfect. The only problem is I cannot get all the strings to sound no matter what. I thought it was me, so I tried doing it on a friends acoustic, and it worked. I figured since his guitar was brand new(literally bought that day). Maybe mine was in need of a set up. The guy I bought it from said he bought it in 02, which it checks out with serial number and the #s on the body and so on. He told me it has literally sat on its stand in the corner since early 03.

Anyways since I acquired the guitar I have not paid for a setup, dumb I know. But it's my first guitar, so I can't really compare it to anything. It plays fine, I'm sure it could play better but who knows. Anyways I'm wondering if there's a chance that a setup will help me play chords on my guitar, or if this is a fretboard radius thing?
If you can pull off a barre chord on an acoustic, but are having problems on an electric, then there are probably setup issues of some sort with the electric.

I would suggest learning to do a setup yourself. It's a good skill to have.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by Even Bigger D
If you can pull off a barre chord on an acoustic, but are having problems on an electric, then there are probably setup issues of some sort with the electric.

I would suggest learning to do a setup yourself. It's a good skill to have.

ya, he mostly nailed it.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.