Happy new years everyone,
I got some x-mas money this year to go toward some guitar related stuff and was looking for some input.

I have 160$ and was looking to go into used stuff.I found a deal on a line 6 pod 2.0 and a pod floor model.Both are going for 160$.I was wanting one of these to record with/put in front of my shitty amp(spider 3).Will these make a difference with this amp or will it sound exactly the same as the amp?oh yeah can you record directly into a pc with these?

Orrr i could a get a deal on a used Ibanez rg370dx.Same price 160$.I just don't know if i should worry about another guitar right now.I would like the 24 frets and tremolo but should i worry about an amp first?I use a nice Ibanez destroyer with Dimarzio super distortions.

Or should i buy a Tascam 4track for 75$. Even tho my amp sucks could i still get some decent sounding recordings with this?

orrr should i just save up for a new amp?keep in mind this could take me a long ass time....

oh yeah i also have guitar rig 4 but dunno how i could use it's tones.Could i use this money to buy something to record with that?
Last edited by ReynboLightning at Jan 4, 2010,
i'd prefer to do this locally.Unless it's one of the higher end ones and your willing to pay for shipping
Quote by Reinvented Hero
Ok, if you wanna buy a Line Six Floor Pod. Buy Mine. Great condition, etc.

don't try to advertise. go to the ads forum for that.

TS, just save up for a new amp, prefereably a decent tube amp. The Spider won't give you any potential of what your guitar has. Try saving up for a 6505 combo, or even a B-52. Also, look at Bugera amps.
if u dont want to wait to buy a new amp, u should consider looking into a used tube dist. pedal and run it through the spiders okay clean channel, but like these other people i think it would be more worth your wile to save up for a new amp.