Hi, I want to know if you guys have any serious ideas on how I can raise money to buy guitars, guitar accessories, amps, microphones, lights, and so on for my band because I have no money to buy it and I really need to raise money, thanks!
By the way I'm 16 and I am looking for jobs!
play shows wherever you can and as many as you can and if you dont have the minimal gear to do so try to borrow some from other bands
Besides getting a job the only thing you can really do is sell things that you own. Sites like ebay and craigslist are good, or if there are any pawn shops near where you live. Also idk if you have any old gold jewelery but i hear you can make a bundle at a cash for gold place.
Go to your local farm, kill all the cows there, and if you search all of them, you should find some hide on each one. Take these hides to a craftsman and have him cure the hide into leather. After you do this, go to the mall and try to go person to person, asking them if they are interested in buying some fine leather. If you do this right, you should get about a thousand or so......

........days in jail.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Last edited by WastedxYears at Jan 4, 2010,
Not to raise money, but you'd be saving a loooot of money in the long run by getting a good laptop and Native Instrument's Guitar Rig with Rig Kontrol. You'll never need another thing in your setup.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Heads up: Serious answers from the Pit = unlikely. But that's why we all love it.

As far as raising money, if you can play guitar, and it's not to cold outside, just jam downtown with an open case. And I'd recommend throwing some change in there yourself first, so it looks like people have already paid you a little. Visual cues help the public learn what to do.
I've got the same problem and I'm 15. A cool idea would be to teach some other people to play for cash, if you know anyone that wants to learn.
Quote by joeowens994
I've got the same problem and I'm 15. A cool idea would be to teach some other people to play for cash, if you know anyone that wants to learn.

you would have to know alot and be a really good teacher, both of which are doubtful at age 15.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
Just hang around street corners in a cowboy hat for long enough

RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by WastedxYears
Go to your local farm, kill all the cows there, and if you search all of them, you should find some hide on each one.

What the **** is this, runescape?
Stand on a corner in downtown with a pretty pink dress and a sign that says "Will do anything for a twenty." After some time people will hire you.
don't take financial responsibility for your entire band, hopefully the members are contributing too. actually put them to work as in you're the pimp and they're the band ho's
What you do is stab hookers on the street and take their crack and then sell the crack back to the pimp that they got it from.
Quote by mynamesbetter
Hi, I want to know if you guys have any serious ideas

Y'know this is the pit your talking to...
Quote by DZCunuck

Obviously he knows that

From the second page:

"Actually, the people who claim to be making money on CashCrate probably are, but they're not doing it by taking 30-cent surveys. Whenever you see a banner on someone's blog or website for CashCrate and you click on it to sign up with CashCrate you become their "referral," and someone you don't know is making money while you're clicking on "No, No, No" and "NO." You can make a lot of money on CashCrate, if you promote it on your blog and website and get people to join it. As for the actual surveys themselves? RipoffReport.com says, "Yeah ... good luck with that.""

McJosh, I applaud your evil ways.
Quote by redneckrebel
***** yourself out ot 100 fat chicks or...
50 really fat chicks

awsome family guy quote. but on topic i kinda wanna try the guitar case downtown thing but i live in jacksonville,Florida......our downtown isnt nice
Knowledge is power
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
Just hang around street corners in a cowboy hat for long enough

Let old men finger you for 50p a time. You'll be a millionairre in no time. You will also no longer need toilet paper or be able to use chairs, freeing up even more money
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Zomby Woof
Sell your body.

not even joking, I know someone who's 15 who makes hundreds of dollars doing this.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Packing bags at a supermarket, in a fast food restaurant, washing dishes, paper round (though there's no cash in that), babysitting, walking dogs, clearing snow from drives if you're in a snowy area, lawn-mowing etc.
Quote by SawGuru
Heads up: Serious answers from the Pit = unlikely. But that's why we all love it.

As far as raising money, if you can play guitar, and it's not to cold outside, just jam downtown with an open case. And I'd recommend throwing some change in there yourself first, so it looks like people have already paid you a little. Visual cues help the public learn what to do.

This.
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
1)Find you a rich cougar and **** her till you can't **** no more
2)Get in her will
3)slowly kill her with small amounts of antifreeze in her food
4)Buy gear with new found wealth

or you could just play outside with your case open or get a job, your call
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Get

A

JOB
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by SawGuru

Whether you choose to believe it or not, this actually works, I can make 15-20ish dollars every time I do this.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by DespisedIcon
McDonald's.
That's what I'm doing; I'm having a friend get me an application tomorrow.
1) steal wheelchair from hospital
2) search ebay for assorted vintage military garb
3) purchase aforementioned military garb
4) don military garb
5) sever 2-3 limbs from body
6) park wheelchair downtown
7) shout incoherently, insert "Vietnam" on occasion

seems to work well for an old guy in the downtown eastside out here.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.