Poll: I HATE Guitar Hero! Whos With me!?!?
Poll Options
View poll results: I HATE Guitar Hero! Whos With me!?!?
I HATE it TOO!!!
12 38%
Its Ok...
11 34%
I Love it!!!
9 28%
Voters: 32.
I Absolutely Hate Guitar Hero!!! The kids with their plastic guitars, thinkin its cool that they nailed Some Led Zeppelin Song by pressing buttons in certain order ! Yeah Awsome!!! I could Tottaly Shred That Song on my REAL Guitar! They probably never Heard of Van Halen before Guitar Hero!
I don"t particularly care for it I won't say that I absolutely hate it because people do tend to be impressed if you playem some of those songs, and the games pretty much dead now anyway

btw I don't think any of the games ever got legal rights to do zeppelin songs 0_o
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
I dont really care for it. Its annoying to hear people raving on about some band that they only found cause they played it on GH but at least it gives the less talented a way to make themselves feel good.
I actually find it a great warm-up...
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
1. Nobody thinks they're cool because they're good at Guitar Hero, just like nobody thinks they're cool because they're good at Modern Warfare.
2. Whether or not you can play it on a real guitar doesn't change what we think of the game, and shouldn't change what you think.
3. Whether or not they've heard of Van Halen also doesn't not determine this games value.
4. Shut up.
5. Reported.
I actually love it. Its a great time to spend time with your non-musician (spelling?) friends. Plus as someone akready said your real guitar abilities don´t affect you GH playing. Sadly...
Guitar Hero is for people who wish they could play guitar but are too lazy to put in the effort.

One of my friends who used to be a decent guitarist but got sucked into the escapism of Guitar Hero even admitted that to me.

I started playing around the same time as my friends all started wasting time pressing buttons on a plastic guitar.

And the "guitar hero" in my name signifies that I am going to be a real life guitar hero some day soon.
Guitar Hero is fun.

I can play pretty much any GH song in real life anyways so whatever...
TS is a knob. I was playing GH about an hour ago, it's still heaps of fun despite playing guitar for the last 6 years.

Don't be such a pretentious ass.
*sigh*

I don't like it much, but I'm not going to make a thread whining about it either.

TS, grow up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I play guitar hero and real guitar and i love both (although i love real guitar more )

It's just fun, thats the whole idea, i mean in real life i can't play quite a few of the songs on guitar hero cause i'm not up to that level yet, but it's nice to be able to paly some cool songs. When i get good enough on real guitar i probably will play guitar hero less. Come on at the very worst, guitar hero is a okayish warmup before you play real guitar. i don't see everyones hatred for it, nobody genuinely walks around bragging about it so whats the problem.
i don't hate the game.. i've played it once.. tho it's nothing special..

but i hate the idea of all the kids buying lespauls these days because of slash's fame through GH... i mean.. come on..
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I've gotten into a lot of heated discussions over this before, so I don't feel like going all out again. But I happen to love playing GH and playing a real guitar as well. The game is fun for me.

but i hate the idea of all the kids buying lespauls these days because of slash's fame through GH... i mean.. come on..

What's wrong with a game making kids want to play the guitar? As a guitarist shouldn't you be encouraged by this?
Quote by wheelz1045

What's wrong with a game making kids want to play the guitar? As a guitarist shouldn't you be encouraged by this?
It may be a good thing then.
Given the number of clips I've heard on here that completely lack a sense of rhythm, I think Guitar Hero should be mandatory study for a bunch of UGers. It doesn't have anything to do with the mechanics of playing a real guitar, but it does more or less force you to play in time with a band.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by RahulGuitarHero
Guitar Hero is for people who wish they could play guitar but are too lazy to put in the effort.

One of my friends who used to be a decent guitarist but got sucked into the escapism of Guitar Hero even admitted that to me.

I started playing around the same time as my friends all started wasting time pressing buttons on a plastic guitar.

And the "guitar hero" in my name signifies that I am going to be a real life guitar hero some day soon.

hahahhaahhhhahahahahahahhahaaaahhahahhaahah You fail, pick up the guitar, learn G Bb C C# chords and play Smoke On The Water before we all murder you.
This is why we can't have nice things!
I am not a big fan, and have only actually played it a few times. But i do think it does do good things for the guitar industry. I think it helps promote guitar and music in a positive way that wasn't happening before GH. I think guitar hero will help make the guitar industry stronger and open the eyes of many kids that would of never thought of playing guitar before.