i first read this and thought, why would you want feedback on your tunes?
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Maybe this info will spark a comment.

All recordings were done using Logic Pro Academic and a PreSonus Firebox Interface (I got a duet for xmas to its time to sell the Firebox!)

Mics used are MXL 4k for vocals and a combination of the 4k, an mxl pencil mic that came with the 4k, and an SM57 depending on the song.

None are live takes and I can change the panning/reverb or any of the production crazyness so feedback on that aspect of the song would be appreciated as well. I may find a cellist, pianist, and percussion player and record these tracks with them and release an official little Jeff Wilson EP.

Thx for listening
Ok recording quality is really good (referring to the song Fight)Your vocals were decent...there was something missing about them. Maybe too whispery for my taste. And the part where you talked lower makes it sound like a country song. Which is fine, but I don't think that's the effect you were going for.

That said, I loved that guitar riff and slightly off time you had. I really don't feel like figuring out what it was lol. But the guitar was rocking and sounding frickin fantastic. That's the only song I checked out. It sounds polished, but seems like something is missing. Maybe I'm just being picky I can be a perfectionist. Overall though great job.
Quote by Mekchrious
Ok recording quality is really good (referring to the song Fight)Your vocals were decent...there was something missing about them. Maybe too whispery for my taste. And the part where you talked lower makes it sound like a country song. Which is fine, but I don't think that's the effect you were going for.

That said, I loved that guitar riff and slightly off time you had. I really don't feel like figuring out what it was lol. But the guitar was rocking and sounding frickin fantastic. That's the only song I checked out. It sounds polished, but seems like something is missing. Maybe I'm just being picky I can be a perfectionist. Overall though great job.

Thx. These records are all pre-voice lessons aside from This Hope which was rushed because the girl it was about was leaving shortly and I wanted to get it to her on a CD (Yes, I am that lame). My voice is getting a lot stronger now that I've been taking lessons and hopefully it'll only get better :-)

I feel there is something missing with a lot of my songs now. Be it just percussion or maybe a full band. Hopefully after I recruit some band members I won't feel that!

Thx for the input.
I agree with Mekchrious with some of the vocals. Some seem a little too "whispery". But of course, it tends to fit well with acoustic music. I actually prefer the vocal range/technique in "This Hope". Overall, your a GREAT songwriter/musician. I thoroughly enjoy everything about your music!
I think that a band could add a lot to your music, but I very much like the sincere feel that it has as it is. I think your idea of a cellist, pianist, and percussionist would add that "missing piece" you mentioned.
Great recordings by the way.
Haha girls like grand gestures man nothing wrong with that. Yeah biggest thing would be adding in something. Even just a rough drum like an acoustic guitar or some tribal drums would way spice things up.
This is good stuff! I've always had a soft spot for the singer-songwriter sound.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE