Iv got an Electromatic Double Jet (double cutaway gretsch solid body) and Iv had some plans on modding it but after searching around on google and the gretsch forums Im starting to wonder if my desires are possible. This forum is actually alot more active than that one and I assumed I would get an answer sooner here. OK. So primarily what I want to do is switch pickups and Bigsbys. Pickups to filtertrons (Iv played alot of highend gretsch jets with filters and they sound great!) and the b5 to a B7. I dont imagine the Bigsby will be a problem but does anyone have any idea whether or not I could Mount Filters in the cavity? Iv read that The minihumbuckers are more suited for swaps with gibson style buckers but does anyone have any idea whether or not i could do this with my jet? I religze I would have to get Filter surrounds and a new pickguard to accomodate the size and what not but anyway, anyone have any input?
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
The filtertrons are a fair bit wider than the mini humbuckers that are stock, so you'd have to route the guitar body to fit them. That's probably more than you'd want to do just for a pickup swap, which is why it's a lot more common to just use aftermarket mini-humbuckers for the double jet.
thanks for the info
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
go to gretsch-talk.com, this will be a lot of help. A lot of people mod their 5120s with tv jones pickups.