I was just wondering if using the 18v mod on Blackouts would have the same effect as with EMGs because I cant seem to find anything just more people asking the same question with no definite answer so if anyone has any experience in the subject or sound clips it would be appreciated
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
On the SD forums one of the makers of Blackouts said dont do it. It wont really do anything, they are made to sound as good as possible with 9v.
hhmmm thats the one place I forgot to check anyway :cheer:
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
No they don't sound heavier, the 18v mod opens them up more. It has nothing to do with output or making them louder. It just makes them sound a little more natural, more open and not as compressed and tight. It definitely won't make them sound like passives but the difference is noticeable and I personally wouldn't play EMG's without running them in 18v mode.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
No they don't sound heavier, the 18v mod opens them up more. It has nothing to do with output or making them louder. It just makes them sound a little more natural, more open and not as compressed and tight. It definitely won't make them sound like passives but the difference is noticeable and I personally wouldn't play EMG's without running them in 18v mode.

This is correct.

And it does nothing good for blackouts or for EMG X series..
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.