First of all, I'm not sure if this is even the right place for a question like this, so if it is not, please tell me and I'll delete and repost in the proper place.

Anyway, my question is, the guitarist Jade Puget from AFI, does anyone know if he always uses the same pickup for distorted parts as he does clean parts? I believe it's the neck pickup / the pickup that is active when the toggle switch is in the down "Treble" position (On les pauls.) I've been watching live vids, and from the ones where I can tell, it looks like he does, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

No, I'm not trying to copy his tone or anything I'm just bored and I've got nothing better to do, so I decided to see how close I can get to his [Live] tone.

Thanks.

Sorry for how random this is, too.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

"Treble" position - bridge pickup
"Rhythm" positon - neck pickup.

Guitarists rarely stick to one position, they'll chop and change depending on the sound they happen to want at that particular time.

Neck pickups tend to be lower output than bridge pickups, on a dual humbucker guitar that means you'd usually favour the neck pickup for cleans.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
This will seem like I'm a liar now, since i didnt actually mention this first... but I actually was wondering if that was the case. (About what position powers which pickup)

Okay that kind of answers my question.. I guess. Thanks.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!