CURRENTLY, I am running a Genz Benz El Diablo 60. My issue with it is that for some reason, the gain modifiers prevent me from running my ISP Pro Rack G noise suppressor...and this amp has a significant amount of noise when running everything. Unfortunately for me, I run WITH the gain modifiers at least 90% of the time

Here's what I am looking for as far as tone/features go.
1) Enough gain to play modern metal WITHOUT an overdrive or distortion pedal
2) PREFERABLY a 3 channel amp. Alternately, a 2 channel amp that can switch on a gain boost or something similar (i.e. Genz Benz El Diablo)
3) amps with low amounts of noise are highly prefered
4) must have en effects loop
5) Price IS an issue. I'd like to keep it around $1000 or less including used prices

for desired tones, think OLD Metallica (kill 'em all/ ride the lightning/and justice) Nickleback, Rammstein, Scorpions, Skillet (yeah, I like "Monster" LOL) Megadeth....you get the idea.
My Genz Benz DOES all of this, but I would like to be able to use that ISP I paid so much for (I don't like my Hush Super C)

Today, I played a Peavey JSX head, and was impressed by the tone on the lead channel, and how quiet it was (even BEFORE using the noise gate). However, I did want just a little more gain

I was HOPING to try a Peavey XXX, my local GC HAD 3 of them (used) but they were all gone by the time I got there.
I HAD a Peavey XXL, but could not find a tone I liked.

Amps on my list to try are:
Peavey XXX
Bugera 333xl
B-52 at 100
Randal V2 (I bit over my price range, but I can get deals on them)
Krank Rev SST (more out of curiosity than anything...but I HAVE heard decent sound clips...)
Anything else I should look at?

BTW, I have also had a Line 6 Spider IV 150....and I really did NOT like it. NOT to be a tube snob, but I would rather play real amp distortion vs. modeled distortion (though the Peavey Viper I toyed around on WAS kinda nice...wonder what the head version would sound like on my cab)
I've also tried the Bugera 6260, and while it did have enough gain, I just didn't like the tone as much as others. Being the 6260 is a clone of the 5150/6505 those are likely out of the running as well.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at Jan 4, 2010,
Marshall DSL maybe?

Or, better yet, a Mesa Boogie single Rectifier (2 channels with solo boost).

Also I tried a Bugera 6262 combo and thought the 6505+ had a little more oomph to it (6505 and 6505+ have a slightly different voicing) so I wouldn't dismiss it just yet.
Quote by rlheart
Marshall DSL maybe?

Or, better yet, a Mesa Boogie single Rectifier (2 channels with solo boost).

Also I tried a Bugera 6262 combo and thought the 6505+ had a little more oomph to it (6505 and 6505+ have a slightly different voicing) so I wouldn't dismiss it just yet.

did you try a 6505+ combo too?
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Quote by henza_x
did you try a 6505+ combo too?

ah good point (I didn't). Stack vs a 212.

I still stand by my recommendations though.
When I tried the 6262 at the store I thought it was missing so I bought the 333xl instead. But I don't think it'll have as much gain as you want since it's based on the JSX.
That being said though, you can simply switch the tubes out for really heavy 12ax7s and 6l6s and you're in business.
Never had a gain issue with mine though
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
333 or 333xl are what you looking for. Definitely check them out.

The 6262 is a funny amp when I first tried it I didn't like it (combo) and the head I bought online just rips. I was playing last night on 3-4 with ear plugs and my drummer and my tone was amazing.

Mine have been totally reliable so far. I love them at 549.99 each.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A