Just purchased a Spider Valve MkII head, found a damn good deal on a 2x12...I'm curious if that'd be pushing it? I mean it's a 100W head, would a 120W cab be enough headroom?
The Clarion Call - Solo(unfortunately) music project

GEAR:
ESP/LTD EC-1000 in Dark Cherry
Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 100W Head
MESA 2x12 Rectifier Cab @ 140W

Chances are, I will lurk your profile.
it has the V30s in it right? if so it should be fine. i use a 2x12 with my 120 watt head but i have k100s

how loud do you usually crank your amp?
At home it won't be going past 4 max, during practices and shows it usually around 6 or 7.

GEAR:

You've got more than enough headroom in terms of wattage, and it's a great cab. I've had mine for a few months, very solid and good bass response even though it's only half-closed. You won't be disappointed, especially if you're getting a good deal.

Jump on that before someone else does!
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
You've got more than enough headroom in terms of wattage, and it's a great cab. I've had mine for a few months, very solid and good bass response even though it's only half-closed. You won't be disappointed, especially if you're getting a good deal.

Jump on that before someone else does!

Recto cabs are closed back....

Are you talking about the Roadking cabs?
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
I have a 2x12 Recto cab that's half-back? At least it was advertised as a Recto, haha.

Axe-FX Standard
^what does the sticker on the bottom of the speaker jack plate say?

on my rectifier 412 it says something like rec v30 or something. I've never seen an open back rectifier cabinet...but it doesn't look like any of the other open backs on the Mesa site. Maybe it was a custom order
I'm not home, and I don't recall exactly what it says... Now I'm curious too haha. I'll sticky this for myself and have a look when I get home.
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by eyebanez333
^what does the sticker on the bottom of the speaker jack plate say?

on my rectifier 412 it says something like rec v30 or something. I've never seen an open back rectifier cabinet...but it doesn't look like any of the other open backs on the Mesa site. Maybe it was a custom order

Yeah, that's a weird one!

I've never seen a Mesa 2x12 with a 4-jack plate either!

Very cool!!

I want one!!!!
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Also, Mesa is known to use 70 watt Vintage 30's in some of their cabs...so the 2x12 may actually be 140 watts.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Just got my cab. It's closed back, 1 input, so...yeah. o_O Very excited for my head to come in though, can't wait to test this baby out. Great deal too, 350 and it's in perfect condition.

GEAR:

Quote by theclarioncall
Just got my cab. It's closed back, 1 input, so...yeah. o_O Very excited for my head to come in though, can't wait to test this baby out. Great deal too, 350 and it's in perfect condition.
Is your cab rated at 120 or 140 watts?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION

GEAR:

Quote by theclarioncall
70 watt V30's....I thought so.
Great cab...enjoy!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Hey guys, sorry about that. I had a look at my halfback cab... It's apparently using the 70-watt V30s as well. Nothing interesting on that sticker though. Who knows, maybe it IS custom, haha. The guy I bought it from is the original owner and bought it "stock," but that could just mean that it was a custom order and that HE hasn't personally modified it.
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Hey guys, sorry about that. I had a look at my halfback cab... It's apparently using the 70-watt V30s as well. Nothing interesting on that sticker though. Who knows, maybe it IS custom, haha. The guy I bought it from is the original owner and bought it "stock," but that could just mean that it was a custom order and that HE hasn't personally modified it.

Interesting. It does look like a rectifier 212 though...aside from the half back anyway.
My rectifier 2x12 cab is closed back and 140 watts
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+

I really like the sound of the Mesa Boogie Cab, and would like to know more about how its wired inside. I bought a floor model, and did not get any instructions with it so I am kinda clueless as to what is inside. V-30's hooked up in series for 140 watts, is all I know about this cab. I only have one 8 ohm in jack, and the other is for adding more cabs.....??? Thanks for any info on this.....
Quote by theclarioncall

Man. I'm so jealous right now. The cheapest I could find a Rec 2x12 was $450 on ebay, and I've been looking for awhile.

I went ahead and just bought a Whitebox 2x12 with V30s last night, and with shipping it came to $450.

I hope I made the right choice.