Okay guys i got my new ibanez but i need some strap locks as the strap holders that are on it lose my straps easy. i have no experience with strap locks and was wondering which ones are the best.
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'll probably end up as a pipe-smoking, headbanging 55-year-old.

^^ me too bro, me too

Quote by slash_GNR666
Talk..........to.......girls?????

I thought they were only good at sucking dick and making sammiches

^^^ truth
I love my Schallers. Never tried anything else though
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I third the schallers. Dunlops are ok, but every so often you have to wd40 them otherwise the locks start to seize up. The schallers do no such thing
I would rather be a good liver than have one
The Dunlops are also pig-ugly, I forgot to mention.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I have Schallers and a couple Dimarzio Straps.............both keep my guitars off the floor
Schallers - best made straplocks and easy to swap straps between guitars if you don't have enough.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Yeah, Schallers are probably best. Dunlops are quite all right, but whoever said you need to WD40 em was right. The whole strap button will unscrew itself unless you do it.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Get the Schallers allready
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
I use the Dunlops, and I actually prefer the way they look over the Schallers. I'm planning on getting an SG eventually, and if I got Schallers, they would poke me in the stomach...
Just get what you prefer. Both work well, and both will keep your guitar from sitting on your foot.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I also suggest the Schallers. I have them on my Strat and used them on guitars I have previously owned, as well. One reason I like them over other designs is that they are semi-failsafe due to the way they connect, which is a "cup" of sorts with the locking pin in the middle. Also, you need to PULL to release which helps prevent accidental disconnection.
Finally, their customer service is excellent. I had lost one of the buttons and wrote them a letter and they shipped me 2 new screws and buttons from Germany, no charge.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Last edited by greenwgreg at Jan 4, 2010,
I hate the look of the schallers. I love the dunlops. WD40 once every few months is not a big deal people.......and no the strap button will not unscrew itself if you don't use WD40, that makes no sense.

Basically, pick whichever one you like the look of best.
Boston Straplocks.
Exactly like Schaller but about half the price.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by GuitarDTO
I hate the look of the schallers. I love the dunlops. WD40 once every few months is not a big deal people.......and no the strap button will not unscrew itself if you don't use WD40, that makes no sense.

+1

I use the Dunlops on all my guitars...except my tele. I have Grolsch strap locks on it
I use schallers and put a drop of locktite on the retaining nut for the strap portion. Never had a problem. Be sure to use the screws that come with the guitar rather than the ones they send you, and if need be machine/drill the screw and/or strap lock so that everything fits.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by GuitarDTO

Yes, it does, it's happened to me, of course it makes sense. Clown.
marvel locks
its a bitter sweet symphony this life try to make ends meet your a slave to money then you die
You don't hear much of them on here because the fact that they are a fairly new product, but Hennessy straplocks are the best on the market. If attached properly they are the most secure straplocks you can buy. I have them on both of my schecters and they never fail and have never needed lubricant of any sort. I would suggest you look into them. If you can't find them in your area schallers are the next best thing.
Quote by eyebanez333
I use the Dunlops on all my guitars...except my tele. I have Grolsch strap locks on it

me 2!!
I have Schallers on all my guitars and I love them. I once tried my friend's guitar and he had Dunlops but I didn't really like them.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
I use the rubbers* from Grolsch beer bottles. Keeps the strap on my electric and acoustic guitar perfect.

*Rubber washers
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Quote by CL/\SH
Yes, it does, it's happened to me, of course it makes sense. Clown.

No, it doesnt actually. If your button screw was backing out then it wasnt tightened enough, or you are twisting and pulling on your button like an idiot when you try to release your strap lock.

Anyways, another option besides a Grolsch washer is Dunlop Ergoloks....very funny looking but they do the trick. Also, you can take a guitar pick and just cut a hole and slot into it and it will actually serve as a decent strap lock. Some youtube videos are out there showing people making those......
Last edited by GuitarDTO at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by ch0
I love my Schallers. Never tried anything else though

This.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Chaos Nil
I use the rubbers* from Grolsch beer bottles. Keeps the strap on my electric and acoustic guitar perfect.

*Rubber washers

Agreed, only an idiot would pay for straplocks when two swingtop Grolsch bottles cost less than a fiver...and that price includes the beer!

Quote by GuitarDTO
No, it doesnt actually. If your button screw was backing out then it wasnt tightened enough, or you are twisting and pulling on your button like an idiot when you try to release your strap lock.

Anyways, another option besides a Grolsch washer is Dunlop Ergoloks....very funny looking but they do the trick. Also, you can take a guitar pick and just cut a hole and slot into it and it will actually serve as a decent strap lock. Some youtube videos are out there showing people making those......

Whether or not it makes sense, it's happened to me. By applying WD40, the strap buttons stopped coming loose. Anyone with the IQ of a brick could be sure to tighten it to the point of where it can no longer be tightened. And I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that anyone would be so incompetent that they would pull and twist it out, all it takes is a press of the button and the Strap Lock is free. Many a time would I fully tighten it over again only to play half a gig and realize it's starting to come undone again. A little WD40, and the problem stopped. Stop being twattish by trying to make me look like an idiot when you don't know anything about why I would conclude that the strap locks siezing up would inadvertedly unscrew the strap button.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Jan 4, 2010,
Another vote for Grolsh seals! Have had them on my Strat for years and never come off!
Quote by kyle62
Agreed, only an idiot would pay for straplocks when two swingtop Grolsch bottles cost less than a fiver...and that price includes the beer!

Two problems - shitty beer (like all Dutch beer, I must say), difficult to remove strap when storing (a real bad thing with nitrocellulose finishes).

Now, if Bergbrau or Einbecker came with appropriately-sized washers...
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by CL/\SH
Whether or not it makes sense, it's happened to me. By applying WD40, the strap buttons stopped coming loose. Anyone with the IQ of a brick could be sure to tighten it to the point of where it can no longer be tightened. And I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that anyone would be so incompetent that they would pull and twist it out, all it takes is a press of the button and the Strap Lock is free. Many a time would I fully tighten it over again only to play half a gig and realize it's starting to come undone again. A little WD40, and the problem stopped. Stop being twattish by trying to make me look like an idiot when you don't know anything about why I would conclude that the strap locks siezing up would inadvertedly unscrew the strap button.

All it takes is a little explanation which you've finally added, instead of calling someone a clown.....so don't get your panties in a wad when someone is "twattish" back at you. Anyways, it sounds like your buttons just get stuck in your strap lock when you move while playing, which slowly is torquing the button. That doesnt happen to normal Dunlop strap locks even if you dont apply WD40. I've got sets that I dont lube for months on end....it sounds like a piece of debris or something got in there.....and yes WD40 will help with that, but its not a necessity if you keep them clean.
im very intrested in the pick idea. anyone have a link to the youtube vid?
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'll probably end up as a pipe-smoking, headbanging 55-year-old.

^^ me too bro, me too

Quote by slash_GNR666
Talk..........to.......girls?????

I thought they were only good at sucking dick and making sammiches

^^^ truth
Schallers ftw. I have 'em on all of my guitars.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
yeah the whole point is you can take the strap off easy.

Ernie Ball Super Locks.

work really well. very large, but work well. stylish too and come in different finishes. matches the gold parts on my guitar perfect.
Quote by ebayallen
im very intrested in the pick idea. anyone have a link to the youtube vid?
Are you kidding? Go on YouTube and search, oh I dunno, "guitar pick strap locks."
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by greenwgreg
I also suggest the Schallers. I have them on my Strat.

Why on earth do you ahve them on your strat? Surely they are only really used on heavy guitars?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Go Schaller, you'll never go back.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by demitriv
Why on earth do you ahve them on your strat? Surely they are only really used on heavy guitars?
Nope. Straps can come off of any guitar, heavy or not. Strap locks are cheap insurance.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
Nope. Straps can come off of any guitar, heavy or not. Strap locks are cheap insurance.

Plus, my straps are set up that way. It keeps things compatible across the board. All or nothing. Very cheap insurance, and much quicker to put on/take off.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Oh ok.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head