...suggest some for me to look into.

I'm already into alot similar stuff, just want to see if anyone comes up with a band or two that i've not heard yet.

Also if you like the sound of a cross between Misery Signals and The Ghost Inside, check out Hungarian band Bridge to Solace.
I was ready to say The Ghost Inside Maybe they're getting better known than I thought. Either way they're amazing.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
I was ready to say The Ghost Inside Maybe they're getting better known than I thought. Either way they're amazing.

Yeah they gained alot of fans in the UK last year because of the Never Say Die tour.
Broadcast The Nightmare

They're not quite as melodic, but they still have the progressive influences and quite a bit of the melodic aspects Misery Signals have.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by jonnowev
Yeah they gained alot of fans in the UK last year because of the Never Say Die tour.

Yeah, nobody seemed to know them beforehand though....I felt like the only one in Glasgow who knew any words haha.

^^and yeah, FTFD is a pretty good call. But I reckon TS will know them if he knows TGI. FTFD are a lot bigger.
Quote by ItWillDo
Broadcast The Nightmare

They're not quite as melodic, but they still have the progressive influences and quite a bit of the melodic aspects Misery Signals have.

Cheer man, have 'aquired' their latest album and i'll listen in due course.

Quote by pol315
For The Fallen Dreams!

Bit obvious don't you think? Not to mention pretty generic.
Quote by asator
Yeah, nobody seemed to know them beforehand though....I felt like the only one in Glasgow who knew any words haha.

Well basically when the NSD lineup was announced in the early summer, TGI were one of those bands that I had heard of but hadn't bothered to check out. Because they were on the tour I got their album over the summer so come November I knew the words.

SO GRAB YOUR GUN, AND FOLLOW ME!
Ah also, before I forget. There is a local band here in Belgium called "Poison My Blood". They're not that big, but hell they remind me of early Misery Signals so much. Just take a listen to "The Arsonist":

http://www.myspace.com/poisonmyblood

ItWillEdit: Ooh, and maybe try "It Prevails". They have some pretty melodic stuff too.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Last edited by ItWillDo at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by ItWillDo
Ah also, before I forget. There is a local band here in Belgium called "Poison My Blood". They're not that big, but hell they remind me of early Misery Signals so much. Just take a listen to "The Arsonist":

http://www.myspace.com/poisonmyblood

ItWillEdit: Ooh, and maybe try "It Prevails". They have some pretty melodic stuff too.

Pretty sweet stuff. There's a band local to me called Dials, they are heavilty influenced my Misery Signals.

Was already into It Prevails. They okay, a bit dull sometimes.
Quote by jonnowev
Well basically when the NSD lineup was announced in the early summer, TGI were one of those bands that I had heard of but hadn't bothered to check out. Because they were on the tour I got their album over the summer so come November I knew the words.

SO GRAB YOUR GUN, AND FOLLOW ME!

Haha yeah I heard them before and didn't like them, but when I tried again after the tour was announced I loved them. They also have amazing merch. It's wierd, they're fairly generic, but everyone seems to love them after hearing / seeing them In the words of Sam from Architects: "Everybody better go buy an album or shirt from my new favourite band The Ghost Inside!"

I'LL SEE YOU WHEN THE SUN SETS!

And wait wait wait, It Prevails, DULL!?
theres a whol damn thread just for people who want "bands that sound like ______"
its called the recomendation thread, its pretty cool.
you should try reading they very first goddamn post.
Quote by pol315
For The Fallen Dreams!

yea id say this band
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
Quote by to45t
theres a whol damn thread just for people who want "bands that sound like ______"
its called the recomendation thread, its pretty cool.
you should try reading they very first goddamn post.

Pretty much this.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by recklessnick

Such an amazing band.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by scaryfried
Some bands you'll probably like:
7 Angels 7 Plagues
Poison The Well
Shai Hulud

Those are pretty much a given dude! I mean I a doubt there's anyone in this section of the forum that doesnt own at least one PTW album...
Quote by jonnowev
Oh god, not Means. I gave one of their albums a listen a few weeks back... bland as hell.
funny, considering a lot of the music you like is bland as hell
Well, you DID start a thread on Misery Signals...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by jonnowev
Wow man, you are pro at arguing on the internet, I can tell.

So you're allowed to call bands bland, but nobody can say a single negative word about any of the bands YOU listen to? I seem to recall you having THREE albums by 36 Crazyfists in your top ten albums of the DECADE list, and you mentioned you wanted to put As I Lay Dying in as well.

For the last time, you'd be way better off asking this in the recommendation thread. Since, you know, THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR.

And nashawa, did you say something negative about Misery Signals or did I read that wrong? =/
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
So you're allowed to call bands bland, but nobody can say a single negative word about any of the bands YOU listen to? I seem to recall you having THREE albums by 36 Crazyfists in your top ten albums of the DECADE list, and you mentioned you wanted to put As I Lay Dying in as well.

For the last time, you'd be way better off asking this in the recommendation thread. Since, you know, THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR.

And nashawa, did you say something negative about Misery Signals or did I read that wrong? =/

Yeah, because obviously the point of posting on a forum is not to put your opinions across but talk about music that everyone will like!

Seriously, I hope to god that you're Yanks. It pains me to think that Brits could be such aggorant little weasels.
Quote by jonnowev
Seriously, I hope to god that you're Yanks. It pains me to think that Brits could be such aggorant little weasels.

I'm not even going to attack you for being a nationalistic, condescending asshole. That made up for it
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Because obviously no one from Britain has ever been a dick before.

EDIT: beaten to it.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I'm not even going to attack you for being a nationalistic, condescending asshole. That made up for it

Ah nuts... aggorant... that was after one beer too.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I most certainly did. Wanna fight about it?

I'm from Canada. We're all goddamn lumberjacks up here.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I most certainly did. Wanna fight about it?

No. I think I'll just go cry in this corner over here...
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
That works too.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Don't **** with Lumberjacks. We ride polar bears and live in Igloos so you know we're hard as shit.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Closed because there's a perfectly good recommendation thread at the top of the forum for all of these sorts of inquiries.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)