I bought a bugera 333xl today and took it straight to a rehearsal and had no problems, but as soon as i take it home to practice its running at gigging hot levels and cut out to what i think is a safety circuit and would not select channels. and all the XL lights etc are on.

the speaker lead is good
the cab i believe is the right impedance otherwise it would have wrecked it at the rehersal
there are no strange noises coming out of the amp while i play

dose anybody know what the problem is?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by roosoh13
"Ok folks, our in flight movie will be a series of sex tapes your parents have made"

Quote by coryklok
I'd hit that like Carmel hits the ban button.
Don't blown fuses stop lights form turning on or the amp working all together? cause i turned it off let it cool turned it back on and the amp was working perfectly fine for another 20minutes before it did the exact same thing again.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by roosoh13
"Ok folks, our in flight movie will be a series of sex tapes your parents have made"

Quote by coryklok
Are you getting enough ventilation to the head? Make sure there's enough room around it on all sides when you're practicing at home.

Besides that, check the tubes next time you're playing and it starts running hot. Tubes lighting up differently may indicate a problem.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Are you getting enough ventilation to the head? Make sure there's enough room around it on all sides when you're practicing at home.

Besides that, check the tubes next time you're playing and it starts running hot. Tubes lighting up differently may indicate a problem.

how much room should i be giving the head? and the tubes glow red/yellowish. the amp has el34s in it currently
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by roosoh13

Quote by coryklok
like at least a foot or two behind the head
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
like at least a foot or two behind the head

it has heaps of room then, also i haven't heard any pops i don't smell smoke out of it and none of the tubes are cloudy
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by roosoh13

Quote by coryklok
look in the trouble shooting bit in the manual?
or the bugera site?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
nothing in the manual or website. i'll play it safe and take it into a tech. thanks to those who helped.
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by roosoh13

Quote by coryklok
probs the best thing to so.
hope you get it fixed

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
You know what, I just thought of something.

If your amp is from one of the earlier production runs, I believe some of those had issues with tube quality and tube biasing. It's entirely possible that your tubes are running far too hot in terms of bias, or even possible that the tubes themselves are defective.

This is just what I've heard around about Bugeras, I don't have first-hand experience, but a good tech should be able to fix this. Just thought I'd mention it.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
^^ hes right

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
thanks for the heads up Dr Nick
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by roosoh13

Quote by coryklok