i have both audacity and guitar rig, im not sure iv set it up right, basically i installed the driver it came with and it seemed to work however i wasnt sure aobut the quality, so i googled it and i heard people use ASIO4ALL, however i tried this and through both guitar rig and audacity when i record its crackly..
also when i plugged my pedal through it it would sometimes cut out at random

how can i fix this
with what program do you record it? I'm using Acid 6.0 ...and have the soudn thru guitar rig, and ASIO4ALL v.2 and it works fine. did the Asio4ALL find your soundcard?
i dont think i have set the asio4all properly.. im gonna uninstall all my drivers and start again, i was tryin to record it with audacity how do you set up asio4all properly?
it should do automatically...i just installed it instantly accepted my sound card(drivers). Make sure you have set up Guitar Rig to use ASIO.
it records fine through guitar rig, its when i use audacity that it crackles...
Quote by chris0101
it records fine through guitar rig, its when i use audacity that it crackles...

Could be the computer isnt fast enough to run both programs at once and so it's cutting out trying to keep up with modeling sounds and recording it all. Slow hard drives will often be the thing to upgrade for that but a processor can also hold you back with these programs.

I suggest looking into adjusting your buffers to see if you can't get this problem to go away:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/latency.html