Does anyone else have friends that just bum you out and make you feel like shit? Whenever I talk on the phone with my friend he just plays all this sweeping and shit and talks about how he's the best guitarist and how I need to practice more.

Please tell me I'm not alone/make me feel better
I make my friends feel like shit.

no really. sometimes I'm jealous of some of my friends but I cope.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
You sure he's your friend?
The more you study the more you know. The more you know the more you forget......... so why study
Your 'friend' is a dick. Seriously, if he can't put down a guitar for a few minutes to talk to you, tell him to go **** himself.
I've got a friend who's just litterally collecting girls on a daily basis, treating them like shit and succeeding in doing so. While I'm currently in a miserable period of my life when it comes to women.

Friendship wise, this guy is awesome. But I shamelessly admit that I'm jealous to no end, and it makes me feel like shit although he's not consciously making me feel that way.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
I kinda have a friend a bit like that, he used to always say that he's awesome, & everyone else sucks & things like that... But me & my other mate have grown sick of it (& because we're all in a band together, we heard it a lot) so we started putting him down, saying he's shit & just stopped hanging around with him so much & then talked about when we've hung around without him
Made him feel crap, but he's not so much of a dick anymore so we hang around with him more again... So try it
Tell him that sweeping has no soul and shred music is ****ing stupid, then play a slow bluesy solo and say you have 100x more emotion.

Actually don't do that, it'll make you look like a giant, stupid douche.
I think everyone has a 'friend' like that. Its just how you deal with it.
Killing you for a smile
He's right. You SUCK at guitar.

You should do more sweeps because that makes you awesome if you can do it.
I have a friend, and she (I refuse to believe people who say boys and girls cant be friends lol) is pretty much my best friend, but sometimes she can be massively insensitive, or atleast doesnt understand where im coming from, which she really should for the amount of time weve known eachother lol.

In the end though, you'd be lost without friends, annoying or not.
What? Your friend plays guitar even on the phone??

- "Hey Matt how are you? What are you doin'?"
- "Oh nothin... Just chillin', watching TV... sweeping (TILULILILULI LIII!!!)
-"Ummm... Can you say that again?"
- (TILLULILILULI TILULILILULI!!!!)
I used to have a friend like that.

Then I grew up.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
1) Tell him he's a dick
2) stop talking to him
3) surround your self with better friends
4) If those friends are better guitar players than you, ask them to show you some stuff

Both the guitar players in my band are way better than me, but they don't talk shit and have been showing me more lead technique, and in return I am showing them some rythm styles they don't know. That's what friends do....
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Sounds like a tit. Who goes on the phone to show off sweep picking?

I just have a friend who's getting me down because he's annoying as ****. Broke up with his girlfriend and ever since has been acting like a fool. You try chatting up a chick at the bar, and he comes strolling over making stupid noises/tries to grab your balls. Biggest ****-block in the world, and I don't think he even realises it.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by MightyAl
Your 'friend' is a dick. Seriously, if he can't put down a guitar for a few minutes to talk to you, tell him to go **** himself.

This.

And sometimes, but not really. I more just get pissed off at them.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Astyan
I've got a friend who's just litterally collecting girls on a daily basis, treating them like shit and succeeding in doing so. While I'm currently in a miserable period of my life when it comes to women.

Friendship wise, this guy is awesome. But I shamelessly admit that I'm jealous to no end, and it makes me feel like shit although he's not consciously making me feel that way.

Same here, although i find it hilarious when one girl finds out about another.

Anyway, i have had it before when a friend has been making me feel crap, i just call them out on it, either they will see what they have done wrong and stop, or they will get pissed, we stop talking for a while, then they apologise.

Don't be afraid to put someone in line if they are making you unhappy, you don't need to make a scene, but just tell them to stop, if they carry on, then you have a right to get pissed.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.