Where I'm not really into learning other peoples stuff?
I'm more for like taking influences form that and writing my own riffs or songs?
I just want to see if anyone else is like me
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I used to play other peoples stuff but as of the last year or so I find it much more enjoyable to make up my own stuff

For myself its probably because ive been focusing on theory as well as practical... as i learn new stuff i like to try it out creatively
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
But isn't playing other people's stuff how you leran to play, then you use that as an influence while writing your own stuff?
No, you're completely unique, buttercup.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
yup i used to always get tab and learn other bands's stuff... these days i just fiddle around with my own shit and if i hear a beastly riff then ill try to figure it out by ear... and if i fail then ill just hop on ug for a tab
I do not learn songs.
I find that boring. I much rather learn a new technique and make a new lick.
That being said, I do however "work" out of instruction books and stuff.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Yea I do the same, learning theory made me stop learning other songs and start making my own. It's still cool to play other peoples songs, but usually it's when I'm screwing around and I'll recognize a song, and work out that part of the song, usually not the whole thing.
I just pick bits of songs up by ear and stuff, I don't really go and find the tabs or whatever. And if I do, I just go to the chords. I just prefer learning songs that way, if I even bother to do.

Most of the time, I just jam out to my own stuff.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Crizzle
Where I'm not really into learning other peoples stuff?
I'm more for like taking influences form that and writing my own riffs or songs?
I just want to see if anyone else is like me

Nah, I guess I'm not like you. I like songwriting, especially in a studio/band context, but I think being able to play covers in the vein you want to write in is a prerequisite to decent song writing. It's very hard to develop a good vocabulary in a vacuum, and it's very hard to get a band to gell on originals because it's not predetermined exactly what they should sound like. I think there's a reason my favorite originals bands all started out doing covers first.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Ya I would do that but I suck to write riffs
GENERIC SIGNATURE
yep, do it all the time, take a riff,chop it up, spin it round,turn it inside out...voila new riff. i only learn a full song if i absolutly have to or want to nowdays i`d sooner write (cos of the greater sense of accomplishment it gives me...the bit i hate is scoring it)
I actually do both. It is still gratifying for me learn a song from someone else and even better when playing to other people and they recognize it.
Nah, Although I like to play my own songs I have to make ones that I like first. And before I do that I have to learn other songs so I can develop my style more.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Baby Joel
That's the difference between a cover band, and an innovator.

You're missing the point that most innovators start out as cover bands.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.