An overlooked, underrated and amazing band from New York. Check out 'Rituals of Infinity' (1993). Good stuff, reminded me of Incantation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aao3B0fZRQc
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Phenomenal band. Conservationist linked me to these guys (through ANUS >.>, but I've dug 'em ever since.
Philosophy > Life
This is pretty good stuff, the best one if "Rituals..." then?
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
IWhat he said.. and then some
Very aggressive sound. Has the Suffo edge but is a bit more traditional death metal sounding.I got rec'd them a long time ago and forgot about them. New York had the best death metal!!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

There wasn't a thread for them before this? That sucks. Awesome band though
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Definitely a band that deserves more recognition. Ritual of Infinity is great (despite the unfortunate production), but I find myself more often listening to Chronicles of the Shadowed Ones. I wish these guys had made / would make more material.
Quote by MoogleRancha
Phenomenal band. Conservationist linked me to these guys (through ANUS >.>, but I've dug 'em ever since.

What is ANUS? that word gets thrown around alot around here is that a website or are you referring to an... anus?
Quote by fumb duck
What is ANUS? that word gets thrown around alot around here is that a website or are you referring to an... anus?

american nihilist underground society...amazing music on there, its just described in a terribly pretentious way.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
BUMP!... I don't remember posting in this thread. Amazing death metal really digging Ritual of Infinity lately
Man Ritual Of Infinity has some of the tastiest riffs ever.I love how the drums and guitars work together to make such a pounding sound.Every song sounds fresh and full of life and the structuring is just great.**** i can't get enough of this album right now.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Bumppppppppppppppp
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Amazing band. One of my personal favorite death metal bands.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
I've always thought Ritual of Infinite and Chronicles of the Shadowed Ones were amazing and under appreciated. The EPs are good too, as well as the demo material released when they were just Morpheus. All the rest is forgetable, though.
Quote by dillonrips7
^Whats the demo material like?

It's like all the early material by the band. Which, as I indicated, is good
i keep meaning to ask this but always forget, am i trippin, or is the kick on ritual panned left and right (obviously, but i mean as opposed to just being centered) in a really noticeable way? i can't think of anything else i've heard that on, but i swear i can hear when he's only using his right foot.
also i keep meaning to pick up chronicles, but always forget. perhaps i will remember this time.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Last edited by ambivalent615 at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by ambivalent615
i keep meaning to ask this but always forget, am i trippin, or is the kick on ritual panned left and right (obviously, but i mean as opposed to just being centered) in a really noticeable way? i can't think of anything else i've heard that on, but i swear i can hear when he's only using his right foot.

I don't recall noticing this before and I don't have Ritual with me at the moment. I could only take so much of my collection with me and it unfortunately got left behind. I'll have to check this out in the future.

also i keep meaning to pick up chronicles, but always forget. perhaps i will remember this time.

Chronicles is definitely great. Don't miss out.
huh. guess i'm losing my shit.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Morpheus Descends box-set coming.

Dark Descent Records announced the pre-order of a CD/DVD box set of classic underground death metal band Morpheus Descends (formerly Morpheus) featuring two CDs and a DVD including all past material from this formative act which influenced Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse and many other death metal bands from the early 1990s.

The box set will include, in addition to the 2CD digipak, two new and unreleased tracks wich will see issue as a separate 7″ entitled From Blackened Crypts and a DVD entitled Visage of Malady, as well as a 11×17″ double-sided poster and 24-page booklet.

http://www.deathmetal.org/news/morpheus-descends-from-blackened-crypts-box-set-in-pre-order/

Dark Descent Records

Morpheus Descends on Facebook

Morpheus Descends created horrifying yet contemplative crushing death metal by channeling the visions of horror / weird fiction writers into abstract nightmare music. Essentially all their material is now available, which is incredible considering how royally they were screwed in their youth.
I've heard of this thing going down. Can't say I'm overly excited because Morpheus Descends don't mean much to me, but I like it when labels put in the extra effort for projects like this.

As for Ritual of Infinity, I enjoy Craig Campbell's vocals far more than I do Jeff Reimer's. On that note, I think Reimer had a better grasp of how to do gutterals, so his performance on Ritual Of Infinity was ace anyways, so that opinion is irrelevant I just wanted to put in my unnecessary two cents as is the standard of this forum.

I will say Immortal Coil is a facebreaking experience.