Either one of these amps would be perfect for me, but the rocker 30 is too expensive, and the marshall too many watts. Are there any similar sounding amps for about £400 ? I'm willing to go used, any ideas

I'm looking for a paramore/hit the lights tone

EDIT: if not, is there a way to get a cranked sound at lower volumes? overdrive pedal? attenuator? how do attenuators work and where do you get them from? would i need to take it to a guitar store to get fitted?
Last edited by doubtfull at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by Survivalism
Blackheart?

Which Blackheart? and by the way, i play pop punk like hit the lights, mayday parade and paramore. i've tried an orange rocker and liked it and these bands use jcm2000s, so thats the sort of tone i'm aiming for
Are you just playing at home? If so the Rocker is one hell of a loud amp.
Blackheart would be pretty good for that.

Where abouts are you in the world?

Attenuators are just a separate box you can buy from guitar stores that goes inbetween the speaker & your amp head. So Amp -> attenuator -> cab.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Are you just playing at home? If so the Rocker is one hell of a loud amp.
Blackheart would be pretty good for that.

Where abouts are you in the world?

Attenuators are just a separate box you can buy from guitar stores that goes inbetween the speaker & your amp head. So Amp -> attenuator -> cab.

which blackheart model? i always thought they were more dark and vintage sounding, would it be able to do paramore tones? and i was looking at the thd hotplate but they seem pretty expensive, are they easy to connect to a combo?
Quote by doubtfull
which blackheart model? i always thought they were more dark and vintage sounding, would it be able to do paramore tones? and i was looking at the thd hotplate but they seem pretty expensive, are they easy to connect to a combo?

they can be hard to connect to combos...especially if the combo doesn't already have the 1/4" ends on the cable. It can be done...just takes some re-wiring.
Quote by doubtfull

Depends if you're gigging or not, the Little Giant is a pretty nice amp that should be able to do Paramore because they're voiced like a Marshall which Josh uses IIRC. You may want to look into a tube screamer as well. To check what tones it is capable of try find LezPaulEpiphone on here, he has the Little Giant.

If you are gigging, the Blackheart Hot Head seems like an awesome deal. It's £329 or there abouts for the head. Which is 100W and has a switch to take it down to 30W if you need it lower.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey