Poll: CAN YOU HAVE A CAPO EVEN THOUGH YOURE JUST A BEGINNER?
Poll Options
View poll results: CAN YOU HAVE A CAPO EVEN THOUGH YOURE JUST A BEGINNER?
Yes, you can!
25 89%
No, you need to know more skills to have a capo!
0 0%
No, because your just a beginner
3 11%
I dont really know, sorry!
0 0%
Voters: 28.
Hey everyone another question from me again.. i really really REALLY want a capo... but my dad says that i dont need it yet, because im only a beginner .. and i really want to learn how to play "ONE TIME"- Justin Bieber and you need a capo for that! is my dad right? - you dont need capo when you just started and your only a beginner?or can you get a capo even though you just started?

and oh yeah the capo i cant is on ebay the black one from Jim Dunlop... do you think that capos good for a beginner?- thats if i buy one... maybe in my birthday or something..... thanks everyone!! -xox- veronicamacros
Yeah for sure.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
a capo just changes the key so just transcribe your song and no capo is needed
Hi veronicamarcos

There is absolutely no reason why a beginner should not have a capo, in my view. They're really cheap anyway. By the way, this sort of question should go in Guitar Techniques or one about choice of capo in Guitar Gear & Accessories in future. The forum is for questions about the site itself, and new member introductions.

stratkat
Last edited by EuBoat at Jan 4, 2010,
A capo doesn't affect your playing skills or doesn't need any special playing skills. You only put them on your fretboard to tune your guitar up for some steps.

Actually, to play with a capo is easier than without one because you can play songs that usually need barree chords with just normal chords.

I suggest you to get one!

http://www.thomann.de/de/harley_benton_hbca_k_acoustic_electric_capo.htm

This one seems to be a good deal for beginners!
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
u will not need any skills for using a capo. a capo just changes the key of the song ur playing
I just reread your post and saw that you want to get one of those cheap dunlop capos.

I have one of those and they are "okay"...
But I'd suggest to go for another one. My dunlop capo doesn't fit very well for my fretboards and therefore it sometimes gives me those buzzing sounds + you have to readjust the length of the stripe every once in a while...
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
Quote by veronicamarcos
Hey everyone another question from me again.. i really really REALLY want a capo... but my dad says that i dont need it yet, because im only a beginner .. and i really want to learn how to play "ONE TIME"- Justin Bieber and you need a capo for that! is my dad right? - you dont need capo when you just started and your only a beginner?or can you get a capo even though you just started?

and oh yeah the capo i cant is on ebay the black one from Jim Dunlop... do you think that capos good for a beginner?- thats if i buy one... maybe in my birthday or something..... thanks everyone!! -xox- veronicamacros

right.. capos need no experience what so ever to use. as long as you know how to use it, its fine.
Quote by Reeen
I just reread your post and saw that you want to get one of those cheap dunlop capos.

But I'd suggest to go for another one. My dunlop capo doesn't fit very well for my fretboards and therefore it sometimes gives me those buzzing sounds + you have to readjust the length of the stripe every once in a while...

they dont fit ? do you have an idea which once fits great? like which capo will i get? (on ebay) do you have like a pacific brand tht is noy a waste on money and it like good if u knw what i mean xox-veronicamarcos
Quote by veronicamarcos
they dont fit ? do you have an idea which once fits great? like which capo will i get? (on ebay) do you have like a pacific* brand tht is noy a waste on money and it like good if u knw what i mean xox-veronicamarcos
*specific

As I said earlier, ask this in the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum. The forum is for questions about the site itself, and new member introductions.

stratkat
Quote by Reeen

She's a beginner, she doesn't need an excellent capo. I have one of those cheap dunlop ones, and they work fine for me.

Oh, and "One Time" by Justin Bieber doesn't have guitar in it....

EDIT: Even without a capo, you can still learn any song, but it will just sound a bit lower than normal
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by fearofthemark
She's a beginner, she doesn't need an excellent capo. I have one of those cheap dunlop ones, and they work fine for me.

Oh, and "One Time" by Justin Bieber doesn't have guitar in it....

EDIT: Even without a capo, you can still learn any song, but it will just sound a bit lower than normal
Doesn't mean you can't play along with one. There are a few chord tabs here on UG.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/justin_bieber/one_time_acoustic_crd.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/justin_bieber/one_time_ver2_crd.htm

And it's not nice to play along to a song when you're a few steps down from the recording.

stratkat
Quote by EuBoat
Doesn't mean you can't play along with one. There are a few chord tabs here on UG.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/justin_bieber/one_time_acoustic_crd.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/justin_bieber/one_time_ver2_crd.htm

And it's not nice to play along to a song when you're a few steps down from the recording.

Well, for learning the song itself, not just playing it, there is no need for a capo. All she would need to do is learn how to do the chord changes fast enough. If she really wants to use a capo, but her dad is getting angry at her, it's easy enough to make one out of a pen and a few rubber bands.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking