Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice really.

I am getting my first head/cab and so far have pretty much settled for a Gallien-krueger 400RB-IV but I'm not sure what cab to get. I've heard a lot of people are not big fans of GK cabs? (I would be looking at something like the 210RBX for now and getting an additional 115 as a later date) the only problem is there is no where round here that stocks GK stuff so I can't try it out before I buy it.

I'm open to any other cabs really around the same sort of price margin (£300-500)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
Down from the Glen came the Marching Men
With their sheilds and their swords
To fight the fight they believed to be right
Overthrow the overlords...
Quote by Gazwj
Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice really.

I am getting my first head/cab and so far have pretty much settled for a Gallien-krueger 400RB-IV but I'm not sure what cab to get. I've heard a lot of people are not big fans of GK cabs? (I would be looking at something like the 210RBX for now and getting an additional 115 as a later date) the only problem is there is no where round here that stocks GK stuff so I can't try it out before I buy it.

I'm open to any other cabs really around the same sort of price margin (£300-500)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Start with a 15 and think about adding 10s later; a 15 will suffice on its own for a while whilst 2x10s on their own will not cut it on low frequencies at high levels.
Wherebouts are you located?
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Start with a 15 and think about adding 10s later; a 15 will suffice on its own for a while whilst 2x10s on their own will not cut it on low frequencies at high levels.
Wherebouts are you located?

Ah right ok, I'm in Cardiff theres a few music shops here but none of them really have what i'm after. Thanks for the advice!
Down from the Glen came the Marching Men
With their sheilds and their swords
To fight the fight they believed to be right
Overthrow the overlords...
GK cabinets are actually quite good. The GK Backline series leaves a lot to be desired, but their higher end models will serve you well.